Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by bonniboo1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by bonniboo1
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: bonniboo1
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Great cruise
Arrived in San Juan the early evening before the cruise. Quickly got our luggage and took a taxi to the Hampton Inn. Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms and a nice breakfast. It was getting late when we arrived so we had a hamburger at the pool grill. Very pretty area with friendly staff and the best burger that I've ever had. The next morning we walked across the street to Walgreens so that my friend could buy 2 bottles of wine. She said that the prices were very reasonable, comparable to what she pays @ home. There is a small store @ the RCC terminal but she said that they were much more expensive than Walgreens. On Sunday after breakfast we took a taxi to the port @ 10:30 am. Check in was a breeze. We were sent to a priority boarding area and had fun chatting with some other folks. We were on by I think 11:40 and headed to the Windjammer. I immediately heard the words "Roll Call" and introduced myself to some Very nice CC members. Windjammer was fine, with great service.

Off to the cabin @ 1pm. I was a bit concerned after booking 3612 because it was so low on the ship. It turned out to be a win. It was on a secluded corridor with about only 18 other cabins. It was right outside the breakfast dining room and near many of the activities. It was very quiet. The cabin had a very large window. Small but nicely laid out and decorated. Our cabin steward was very nice and kept our room clean. We mostly had breakfast in dining room which was just fine. They had the usual selections and a large help yourself area of cereals, granola, dried and fresh fruits and more. They were only open for lunch on the day at sea. We had the famous Tutti Salad which was very good.I had made the My Time Dining reservations on line prior to the trip. After the first night I was able to arrange with the very helpful woman who is stationed in front of the dining room to have the same table each evening. Top notch waiter Rigor and his assistant "O" (sorry, I forgot his name). Food for the most part was very good. Wasn't wild over the prime rib. The standouts for me were the minestrone soup, short rib ragout and the lamb dishes. I heard that the lobster was very good. You could always get a snack in the Promenade Cafe and there was usually something going on in the Windjammer, and there is always room service. Roomservice breakfast menu is in your cabin and the more extensive menu is on the TV.

We had a fun informal meet and greet before the Muster Drill and a RCC hosted event on Monday. There were lots of prizes and food for everyone. It was definitely the best CC event that I've attended. Thank you Gerome and RCC.

Anthony Richards was a very enjoyable Cruise director. He is very quick on his feet and very funny. He is my favorite CD in all of my 9 cruises. I've seen the many "Marriage Games" and "Quests". These

Were the best thanks to Anthony. The Ice show is NOT to be missed. The other shows were ok.

I found this ship to be pretty, clean and well maintained. The crew was fantastic. I kept on reading about all of the rude people onboard...I never experienced this. There were many folks from everywhere,: USA, Europe, Puerto Rico, India and on and on. Wonderful, polite and fun! I will do a brief summary of the ports later. I did want to mention that I did book a post cruise excursion which ultimately brought us to the airport. Our delightful and funny guide was very knowledgeable. He took us to one of the beautiful government buildings, the famous fort and many other sites. We stopped for lunch at a very nice spot which turned out to be right down the street from the Hampton Inn.

Great cruise and great CC Roll call friends.

Publication Date: 02/19/13