Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sweetnesscruises

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sweetnesscruises
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise
Member Name: sweetnesscruises
Cruise Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: 6E
Cabin Number: E155
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Carnival Paradise Feb 9th
My husband and I took our Daughter for her 21st Birthday and our Son for completing Paramedic School. Their boyfriend and girlfriend came along as well. My sister and her husband joined too.

The ship is small but set up a lot like Fascination. Carnival needs to add the same additions to Paradise as they did Fascination. If they did then this would become my favorite ship, port and destinations. This ship has very few balcony rooms, so we had to get an ocean view room. The bathrooms are real small and no power outlet.

The beds are not comfortable but the pillows are awesome. Our Cabin Steward Claudis was awesome and very attentive.

This was the first time we did anytime dining. Did not like it. We were a party of 8. We were always seated right away. But, the wait staff and experience is mediocre. Of course since you do not have the same staff they are not able to build relationships and learn your likes. So much so the last night our waiter was Israel. He all but came out and told us he could careless about our table. He ignored us for the most part. The beverage person did most everything for us. When we did ask him for something he would say, "Give me a minute". We finally gave up and left. Several never got beverages order and some did not get their dessert. I know they work for tips and they are probably stiffed by others but what he did not know was I had his tip in my pocket. We tip over and beyond the gratuities taken by Carnival. We always budget them in first before we shop or spend $$.

Would I cruise Paradise again. Yes! We truly believe a cruise is what you make of it. We enjoyed the Disco very much, watching our kids dance was so much fun.

We really enjoyed Eric the Cruise Director Eric, he was great with the Magic Show. The Break dancers were great. We loved sunning on the Serenity deck even if I got way to much Sun. My Bro-Inlaw paid for his cruise with winnings from the Casino. My husband and I received our Gold Pins and enjoyed the past cruisers reception.

We did Hell, Turtle Farm and Stingray City in Grand Cayman and it was awesome. Loved Loved Loved IT! We booked this thru Carnival. We tried to do this in Nov 2011 but rough seas kept us from tendering.

In Cozumel we went to Mr. Sanchos and hung out for the day. We all fell in love with Mr. Sanchos and will be seeing them again. We went there for a brief stop in Nov 2011 and our Daughter requested to hang out there for her Birthday. The kids went Para sailing and had a blast. I got a massage from Yuri and it was great.

Disembarking was a breeze and we were home in no time.

Publication Date: 02/18/13