Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Tweekey: honeymooners dream

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

honeymooners dream

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Other

Although this review is written by a first time cruiser be assured that I know what Great service, and a Great time is!My husband and I decided on a cruise for our honeymoon as it is such a great value for you money!We choose Royal because my sister has cruised with them twice already, and absolutely loved it!
She is quite picky about service, food and accommodations so I knew I was in for some first class ( royal ) treatment! Leaving from New Jersey was convenient and the whole process went quite smoothly and quick. we were on board in 25 minutes!
Our rooms were ready and much bigger they we expected.Our luggage was a little late it arrived around 7:00pm,but we did attend dinner in the main dinning room anyways.The quality of the food, menu choices and the service were superb. Bravo to the dinning staff!!!!
My husband, who is quite fussy found many choices every night on the menu that he loved. A special note, all the waiters, cabin staff,ect. were all so happy to help More and accommodate us all with a smile. But I got a few peeks behind the scenes, when no one knew I was looking and there they were, laughing and having fun at work. That is the sign of some GREAT employees they truly were happy to be there and that's why they did their jobs so well!
Thank you Jevey, our main dinning room waiter, and Adelle our cabin attendant. This ship is breathtaking! Attention to detail is outstanding.The ice skating show is a DO NOT MISS! That was fabulous.
We went on 2 shore excursions, St. Thomas half day champagne cruise.
This was a blast. We sailed to St Johns where we snorkeled or just lay ed around on the beach, quite relaxing. The staff were wonderful and the champagne and rum punch were flowing on the way back!!!also we took the sandbar excursion on Haiti wow that was great!I must say I was really surprised by Labadee Haiti! this is Royal's private beach area on Haiti.
What a beautiful location! There were beaches for kids, beaches for adults plenty of chaises,not at all what I expected from the pictures.They made it look very commercial. But that was not the case at ALL. This was our last stop before returning home. The ship arrived rite on time, we waited 45 minutes on board and then went through customs, total process 1 hour.We will certainly cruise with Royal again! like next year!!!!We can't wait!!! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 6626

the room and location were perfect. No noise, great view, large deck Not one complaint

(5.5)
this was a beautiful spot. there were activities if you wanted, shopping, and beaches!The food and drinks were great. Service on the island was good also.Had I known what to expect I would not have done an excursion! The third port is not in my list. and trust me it would not be on my list of good places to visit! This was not fun, very poor people trying very HARD to sell their goods to you for a small profit.I received a new name here Lady. This is not a tourist stop! I hope Royal finds another port on this island, as it it truly beautiful.
Read 366 Labadee Reviews

This is a great shopping stop! The small quaint town is old and beautiful. But other than the old fort, shopping and restaurants we saw little else to do there.
Read 1366 San Juan Reviews

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5)
The ride to the boat was not fun! you must sign a release form first! Drinking and driving is not a crime here. But the sail was wonderful. Ryan and Chris were fun and knowledgeable. the rum punch was good and so was the music