Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by godek: Sailed on The Carnival Breeze

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sailed on The Carnival Breeze

Sail Date: January 2013

Was pleasantly surprised on the Carnival Breeze after reading bad reviews. The only negative other than the bad elevator music that played throughout the ship was that you can smell cigarettes and cigars very strong from your balcony. I wish that one side of the ship's balconies were non-smoking. This would allow the non-smokers who don't like the smell or get sick from it the opportunity to breathe the air they came on the cruise to breathe--that of fresh ocean air. My family could not use the balcony so we wasted our money on it. Even with the ship moving, the smell of cigarettes/cigars was overwhelming and the smell entered our room when we opened the door.

Now for the pros, great food, great entertainment, great piano bar singer and fun waiters. The ship was well designed and decorated nice. Disembarking for excursions was quick and easy. The ship was clean and no flu breakout. Guy's burgers were the best I've had and the Italian restaurant had awesome food as More well. The Marketplace food was fresh and good. We had the 815 pm dining and the waiter's Edy and Krste were amazing and my family loves them. We stopped in St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. The amount of litter on the islands took away from their beauty. A pelican had a plastic bag around it's neck. Cigarette butts littered all beaches including Megan's Bay.

I would recommend the Breeze, but don't pay for a balcony unless you are willing to smell smoke. The spa balconies were non-smoking but they are located in the front of the ship. I like to stay mid-ship for keep seasickness under control. I hope Carnival will rethink its smoking policy so I can sail on the Breeze again. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 8354

We drove through the island to zipline and that was a fun excursion and would recommend it. However, the island had so much trash all over it that we couldn't wait to get back on the boat. The beach in front of the Sandal's property was also littered with cigarette butts.
Read 799 Antigua Reviews

Atlantis Aquaventure

The Atlantis is worth the money spent. The 40 minute not so lazy river is the best thing I have been on. It is incredible!

Beach Break

(2)
The drive was nice there. The beach could have been beautiful but there were so many cigarette butts laying in the sand I felt like I was on an ashtray.

We took a boat ride over to Peter's Island. It was a small beach but it had bathrooms and a bar which was a nice touch. We then kayaked to another part of the island which was fun but once there you had to walk through a run down part of the island if you wanted to get a glimpse of Peter Island Resort. We kayaked back and snorkeled for a bit before returning to the ship. Some lady said she saw a tire, a bucket and some fish while snorkeling. Also, there were tons of cigarette butts on the beach and rocks where our boat pulled into. No one lives on that part of the island yet there were hundreds of butts everywhere.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews