Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by godek

Member Name: godek
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: bal

Sailed on The Carnival Breeze
Was pleasantly surprised on the Carnival Breeze after reading bad reviews. The only negative other than the bad elevator music that played throughout the ship was that you can smell cigarettes and cigars very strong from your balcony. I wish that one side of the ship's balconies were non-smoking. This would allow the non-smokers who don't like the smell or get sick from it the opportunity to breathe the air they came on the cruise to breathe--that of fresh ocean air. My family could not use the balcony so we wasted our money on it. Even with the ship moving, the smell of cigarettes/cigars was overwhelming and the smell entered our room when we opened the door.

Now for the pros, great food, great entertainment, great piano bar singer and fun waiters. The ship was well designed and decorated nice. Disembarking for excursions was quick and easy. The ship was clean and no flu breakout. Guy's burgers were the best I've had and the Italian restaurant had awesome food as well. The Marketplace food was fresh and good. We had the 815 pm dining and the waiter's Edy and Krste were amazing and my family loves them. We stopped in St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. The amount of litter on the islands took away from their beauty. A pelican had a plastic bag around it's neck. Cigarette butts littered all beaches including Megan's Bay.

I would recommend the Breeze, but don't pay for a balcony unless you are willing to smell smoke. The spa balconies were non-smoking but they are located in the front of the ship. I like to stay mid-ship for keep seasickness under control. I hope Carnival will rethink its smoking policy so I can sail on the Breeze again.

Publication Date: 02/17/13