“Sailed on The Carnival Breeze”
Cruise review of Carnival Breeze

godek Carnival Breeze 5 Sailed on The Carnival Breeze
godek
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Was pleasantly surprised on the Carnival Breeze after reading bad reviews. The only negative other than the bad elevator music that played throughout the ship was that you can smell cigarettes and cigars very strong from your balcony. I wish that one side of the ship's balconies were non-smoking. This would allow the non-smokers who don't like the smell or get sick from it the opportunity to breathe the air they came on the cruise to breathe--that of fresh ocean air. My family could not use the balcony so we wasted our money on it. Even with the ship moving, the smell of cigarettes/cigars was overwhelming and the smell entered our room when we opened the door. Now for the pros, great food, great entertainment, great piano bar singer and fun waiters. The ship was well designed and decorated nice. Disembarking for excursions was quick and easy. The ship was clean and no flu breakout. Guy's burgers were the best I've had and the Italian restaurant had awesome food as well. The Marketplace food was fresh and good. We had the 815 pm dining and the waiter's Edy and Krste were amazing and my family loves them. We stopped in St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. The amount of litter on the islands took away from their beauty. A pelican had a plastic bag around it's neck. Cigarette butts littered all beaches including Megan's Bay. I would recommend the Breeze, but don't pay for a balcony unless you are willing to smell smoke. The spa balconies were non-smoking but they are located in the front of the ship. I like to stay mid-ship for keep seasickness under control. I hope Carnival will rethink its smoking policy so I can sail on the Breeze again.
Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

bal8354

Port
We drove through the island to zipline and that was a fun excursion and would recommend it. However, the island had so much trash all over it that we couldn't wait to get back on the boat. The beach in front of the Sandal's property was also littered with cigarette butts.
Read 1,035 Antigua Reviews
Atlantis Aquaventure
The Atlantis is worth the money spent. The 40 minute not so lazy river is the best thing I have been on. It is incredible!
Beach Break
The drive was nice there. The beach could have been beautiful but there were so many cigarette butts laying in the sand I felt like I was on an ashtray.
Port
We took a boat ride over to Peter's Island. It was a small beach but it had bathrooms and a bar which was a nice touch. We then kayaked to another part of the island which was fun but once there you had to walk through a run down part of the island if you wanted to get a glimpse of Peter Island Resort. We kayaked back and snorkeled for a bit before returning to the ship. Some lady said she saw a tire, a bucket and some fish while snorkeling. Also, there were tons of cigarette butts on the beach and rocks where our boat pulled into. No one lives on that part of the island yet there were hundreds of butts everywhere.
Read 967 Tortola Reviews
Published 02/17/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Breeze Review
Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?