Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by happynomad: Disappointment - expected much more from Celebrity

happynomad
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Transatlantic Cruises

Disappointment - expected much more from Celebrity

Sail Date: April 2012
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Embarked in Bayonne, where an expensive pen set disappeared from the check in bin. we noticed immediately, but no one saw anything and since we thought there was an outside chance we left it at home (which we didn't) and decided not to press the issue.
We had requested rhe First seating at a table of 6 to 8, and were put on a standby wait list. We wound up at a table for two , situated not 8 inches from another couple. Space was very limited. Food was "spotty" , one evening fine - the next dinner poor.
All ships "Nickel and dime' you but Celebrity is the most obvious about it.
My biggest peeve was the shore excursions. We booked 5 and they were so-so.
The trip to Toulon to see the Notre Dame du Garde Cathedral involved
within the allotted 1/2 hour,climbing 400 steps, a bathroom break, a tour of the church and returning to the bus bygoing down these 400 steps This was a tour that was considered moderate. Moderate for whom?? At least 9 other people and myself More could not manage these stairs whic were not properly described in the brochure. When we complained, I was refunded $8.00, a mere fraction of the cost of the tour.

But by far the most frustrating and annoying part of the journey was using the web site prior to the trip. It was complicated and inefficient and I had to do my shore bookings by phone. When I complained, the Rep stated she heard the same complaints over and over. When I asked her why this was not corrected, she said that the "Powers that be" don't see any problems with the website.

I will be a long time , if ever, that I will consider taking another Celebrity Cruise. Too Bad. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Continental Deck (6)

NO COMPLAINTS - GREAT ROOM/STAFF