Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Saturngrl: Great First-Time Cruise!

Saturngrl
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Great First-Time Cruise!

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

After reading many mixed reviews of the Carnival Legend, plus doing extensive research on cruising on several websites, I was fully prepared for my first cruise. I will detail my experiences below:

Embarkation: Easy, easy, easy! We got through Security and check-in with no problems or delays. After wiping down my cabin with sanitizer wipes, I went to the Lido deck and enjoyed the buffet with my friends. No major lines for lunch.

Late Dining: Great option for my group. The down-side was, we were too tired for late-night partying after dinner. Jeffery, JJ, and Areul were AWESOME servers! Idi, our bartender from the lobby lounge and at dinner, was WONDERFUL!!!

Cabin: Beautiful!!! I will always book a balcony cabin from here on. My cabin stewardess, Alttaeya (I know I spelled her name wrong) was a sweetheart. She took GREAT care of me, especially after I broke my foot in Cozumel.

Spa Carnival: The Bamboo massage is worth every penny! More AWESOME experience!

Golden Fleece Steakhouse: AWESOME!!! Everything we had featured a beautiful presentation and tasted fabulous. The service was wonderful. Anna, the ship's Sommelier, provided great information on wines and voiced appreciation for my group's extensive wine knowledge. We had fun comparing notes on different cabernets. She enforced the $14 corkage fee, even though I had opened my wine in my cabin to let it breathe. Otherwise, I would do the steakhouse multiple times on my next cruise.

On-Board activities: the jewelry sales were amazing! I loved the Serenity deck and trivia games.

Medical: the on-ship medical staff are very nice. However, they are not equipped to deal with all types of injuries and did the best they could with what they had.

Overall Service: I got great results when I kindly reached out to each and every crew member. 98% of the time, they responded well to me and gave terrific service in kind. Service was very different to those passengers who were rude or barked demands to the crew. Those passengers who complained to me had failed to do any homework about the cruise line's policies or even read the daily Fun Times. Sadly, that was the majority of the passengers and they are the reason I will probably choose another cruise line for my next cruise.

Carnival is a discount cruise line: you get a great product for what you pay, but you also sail with a contingent of discount cruisers. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Balcony Upper 5201

Cabin 5201 was perfect for this first-time cruiser! Located on the starboard side, the best views were available. Being mid-ship and lower deck, I never got sea-sick (with the help of Meclazine).