Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by lecjac55

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by lecjac55
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: lecjac55
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Review of Celebrity Millenium cruise in South East Asia
Having been on this cruise line at three other occasions before, my wife and I decided to visit South Eastern Asia with them. Our experience was quite different than the three other cruises that were fantastic.

When we arrived on the ship, the rooms were not ready then everybody had to stay in the common areas (mainly the cafeteria). It was packed and the food was scarce. I thought that it could be normal if everybody decided to embark at the same time. We were eventually permitted to go in our room(Aqua class in our case on the 11th floor) that was clean and as expected. The second day , I had the same surprise at lunch time, the cafeteria being packed and having difficulty to find some place to sit. I said to myself , no problem, tonight we have diner at the best restaurant on the ship (the Olympic). The restaurant was almost empty, no ambiance, the service was extremely slow , and the food was not what we would have expected for that price. We then cancelled the second night at that restaurant . We opted to eat at the BLU restaurant which was part of our package. This restaurant has been good for the food and the service. Very pleasant staff. After a few days , the captain announced that he will have to change the schedule because of a problem with Indonesia Customs Service. We had organised a private excursion in Bali and because of this sudden change we had to reorganize. I must say that the cruise line allowed 15 minutes of free (very slow, when working!) internet to make the changes to our previous plan. The reason for that change was supposedly because Indonesian authorities wanted to see each passenger face to face which eventually never happened. !

The cruise ship organized tour were frequently late to leave and to return and were too long ( making the usual stops in tourist trap to make you spend more) . There should be tours without these mandatory shopping stops. We were pleased with what we saw at Komodo Island , Ubud on your Own and Canoe Caves adventure in Phuket.

My wife enjoyed the spa and was very pleased with the service and the staff.

In general the food for lunch is fair at the main cafeteria.

The room service for food had been very slow (45 minutes the first time).

The ship is very clean and we constantly see the staff cleaning the facilities.

The internet service (wireless) is very slow and for the price to pay ( 35 to 75 cents per minute depending on your package ). I would not recommend it unless essential. You can wait in a port of call and find a McDonald or Starbuck and the service will be faster and free.

I was in a convention and the facilities were adequate on the third floor( convention center) except for the bottom of the screen not visible from the back of the room) .

Finally , we had two problems in the room , the first was with air conditioning and it took two calls to have it repaired ( and in this part of the world it is very useful to be able to sleep well). The second was the shower drain that was not repaired during our stay.

In conclusion we had a nice trip but it did not meet what we had expected from that cruise line. The staff does its best but we feel that the company decreases the quality to improve the bottom line. I would recommend this trip but improvements are needed to meet the former standards of Celebrity cruise line.

Publication Date: 02/13/13