Ruby Princess 4

“Declining level of service”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

Bennec
Member Since 2012
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was our fourth cruise with Princess. We noticed that several things we had taken for granted were missing or reduced this time.

We filled out the request for fruit in our room, but it was never delivered and we never received another request card for it.

My husband was quarantined for 24 hours and we did not receive the services of a room steward for more than 48 hours. We finally had to make a special request for more towels and removal of room service items.

We were also promised free laundry service because of the quarantine. I requested a bag for laundry and was given a little paper bag that ripped as soon as I put something in it. I found another bag (cloth tote bag) to use and waited for someone to come back and pick it up. That never happened. I wound up doing the laundry myself and spent $10.50 on it. I was afraid that if I called for pickup after waiting all day, we wouldn't see our laundry returned before the end of the cruise.

My More husband's scuba diving knife was confiscated for the first time ever on a cruise. There were very few opportunities for diving, which was also a disappointment.

We will probably not cruise with Princess again. At least not for a while. I will check the reviews and see if anyone mentions the service improving. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BEb709
Good view. Adequate size. Plenty of sunshine on the balcony.

Snorkeled from the shore. Very nice people on shore. Clean and inviting food and drink opportunities.
Read 1339 Grand Turk Reviews

The snorkeling was great. The shops were ok. The food available on shore was nice. The people helping with shore excursions were great. The lockers available for $5 were minuscule. Just enough room for a purse.

Didn't go very far off the pier. Just as far as the chocolate shop.

Published 02/13/13

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?