“Declining level of service”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

Bennec Ruby Princess 4 Declining level of service
Bennec
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our fourth cruise with Princess. We noticed that several things we had taken for granted were missing or reduced this time. We filled out the request for fruit in our room, but it was never delivered and we never received another request card for it. My husband was quarantined for 24 hours and we did not receive the services of a room steward for more than 48 hours. We finally had to make a special request for more towels and removal of room service items. We were also promised free laundry service because of the quarantine. I requested a bag for laundry and was given a little paper bag that ripped as soon as I put something in it. I found another bag (cloth tote bag) to use and waited for someone to come back and pick it up. That never happened. I wound up doing the laundry myself and spent $10.50 on it. I was afraid that if I called for pickup after waiting all day, we wouldn't see our laundry returned before the end of the cruise. My husband's scuba diving knife was confiscated for the first time ever on a cruise. There were very few opportunities for diving, which was also a disappointment. We will probably not cruise with Princess again. At least not for a while. I will check the reviews and see if anyone mentions the service improving.
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Port
Snorkeled from the shore. Very nice people on shore. Clean and inviting food and drink opportunities.
Read 1,363 Grand Turk Reviews
The snorkeling was great. The shops were ok. The food available on shore was nice. The people helping with shore excursions were great. The lockers available for $5 were minuscule. Just enough room for a purse.
Published 02/13/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?