Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Bennec

Cabin Category: BE
Cabin Number: b709

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Declining level of service
This was our fourth cruise with Princess. We noticed that several things we had taken for granted were missing or reduced this time.

We filled out the request for fruit in our room, but it was never delivered and we never received another request card for it.

My husband was quarantined for 24 hours and we did not receive the services of a room steward for more than 48 hours. We finally had to make a special request for more towels and removal of room service items.

We were also promised free laundry service because of the quarantine. I requested a bag for laundry and was given a little paper bag that ripped as soon as I put something in it. I found another bag (cloth tote bag) to use and waited for someone to come back and pick it up. That never happened. I wound up doing the laundry myself and spent $10.50 on it. I was afraid that if I called for pickup after waiting all day, we wouldn't see our laundry returned before the end of the cruise.

My husband's scuba diving knife was confiscated for the first time ever on a cruise. There were very few opportunities for diving, which was also a disappointment.

We will probably not cruise with Princess again. At least not for a while. I will check the reviews and see if anyone mentions the service improving.

Publication Date: 02/13/13