Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by mammasuki: Discouraged by Destiny

Member Since 2013

Family & Children 1.0

Discouraged by Destiny

Sail Date: January 2013

We went on our first cruise eve aboard the Carnival Destiny. The experience was so bad we will never cruise again, at least not with Carnival. The staff was extremely rude and inattentive, we were told constantly "I don't know" by multiple staff members no matter what the question was. There was never any effort to actually assist you and get an answer to your question. We had eyes rolled at us, very loud obvious sighs and body language that was very noticeable irritated. We sat for 35 minutes at our assigned dinner table before we had any service what so ever.

The condition of the ship was horrible. We stepped in holes in the floor as we walked down the hall. They were doing maintenance the entire time we were sailing so we heard the sounds of power tools, smelled paint, had to walk around barricades and orange fencing. The elevators were not working for most of the cruise. Room service as horrible every time we ordered the food would arrive cold. The family friendly More entertainment was girls in thong bikini's dancing very seductively and provocative. Clothes were being torn off.

The overall experience was so bad we will never take a cruise again. I felt like we were trapped with no way out to get away from the bad customer service. When I contacted Carnival about our experience I was told "we are sorry for your experience but there is nothing we can do about it now, you should have went to the guest services aboard ship where they might have been able to give you some assistance." I have contacted the better business bureau and done a formal complaint. I would not recommend this cruise line for families. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>