Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by hapa007

Cabin Category: D4
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Awesome First Time Cruise
I've never done a cruise before and this was a great first time experience. This year my husband turns the bi 5-0 and I turn 40. We decided to go big and do it right and I think we made the right choice. We went with another couple which worked out really well and we didn't bring any kids! This was a great way to spend quality time with each other and no kids (2, 4 and 6) to monitor.

PROS

1. Labadee was a surprise. I thought I would go on land just to say i went to Haiti, but it was the most relaxing of the three stops. It was laid back and clean. The vendors were locals but the drink people and food service was provided by the ship. We just hung out on the beach and relaxed under a palm tree.

2. My Time Dining was great! Make sure you do MTD on Wed. It's caribbean lobster and prime rib night. Make sure you are on deck 5 of the Opus dining room in the middle "island", on the left. The waiter should be Anthony Diaz. He was awesome! We had someone else initially but once we experienced Anthony, we couldn't have anyone else.

3. "Bar Guy" If you're a liquor drinker, you'll be serviced by Bjorn Willilams. He is awesome! He would find us on deck when we were by the pool and he knew exactly what we wanted. He was our go to guy. The drinks on ship are generously poured. No watering down!

4. House Keeping is great! I swear they wander up and down the hall to get in your room the minute you leave. Everytime we came back no matter what time of day, our bed would be made. Even if you put a Do NOT DISTURB sign up and you weren't there, they would still come in just to empty the rubbish cans. I don't know if this was a good thing or not.

5. FOOD - The Windjammer was good. Great for buffet style. They offered a good selection of different types of food. Skip the deserts though...not so good. We always went at weird times when they were open so we never experienced the crowds that are mentioned in other reviews.

6. You definitely need to go to the Cafe in Central Park...the roast beef sandwich is really good. Salads are good to. I really liked all the sandwiches they served on the ship. You can't go wrong.

7. For specialty dining, I didn't go to Chops, but my husband did. He said the filet was good but he's had better. We also went to the Solarium for dinner. Unexpectedly AWESOME! I don't think people know to go there for dinner because it was empty. We went there the last night and I wish we went there earlier. I would have gone there several times! My husband had the bison and it was EXCELLENT. I wish I got that too. The ceviche was REALLY GOOD. I've eaten in several high end restaurants in the US and this was really good. I totally recommend it.

CONS

1. Donuts - don't go there. They're not good.

2. Italian Food - No matter where I had it, in the Windjammer or in the MDR, it was not good...and I REALLY like Italian food.

Publication Date: 02/13/13