“Feb 2nd 2013 Navigator of the Seas ”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

mtgman1 Navigator of the Seas 4 Feb 2nd 2013 Navigator of the Seas
mtgman1
Member Since 2002
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I took the Navigator of the Seas out of New Orleans on Feb 2nd ( super bowl weekend) 2013. Flew in and cab took us to the pier with no problems. Checked bags and took the trolley to French Quarter and walked back to the ship. If you want to buy a couple of bottles of wine before getting on the ship walk one block over down Julia street. You can carry on 2 bottles. We had room 6611 a inside cabin with a bay window looking onto the Promeneade. This room and the 3 or 4 next too it does not look down on the part of the Promeneade where the shops and the parades are held. The room look right onto the sculpture that goes from the top to the bottom of the ship. It is directly across from the Customer service desk. You can't see this from their deck plans. The bed is also cross ways in the room. You have to work your way around the end of the bed to get to the main part of the cabin by the window. Over all it was just ok but I would not get that room again. Never did get cold in the room. Ship is showing it age and needs to be remodeled soon. This cruise had the new menu rolled out earlier this year. My wife liked it but I was not impressed. Food in the dining room was ok. Service is great. Everyone working on the ship says hello and really tries to please. The cruise director Simona is easy on the eyes and you see her everywhere. Production Showes are disapointing. Live entertainer Kenny James was really good and the comedians were funny. Ice show is fantastic, saw it twice. Don't miss The Quest!!! Cozumel for beaches, Grand Cayman for reefs, Falmouth port only. Don't go into town or even outside the fence. Falmouth for shoppping. The End.
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Promenade Stateroom

PR6611
We had room 6611 a inside cabin with a bay window looking onto the Promeneade. This room and the 3 or 4 next too it does not look down on the part of the Promeneade where the shops and the parades are held. The room look right onto the sculpture that goes from the top to the bottom of the ship. It is directly across from the Customer service desk. You can't see this from their deck plans. The bed is also cross ways in the room. You have to work your way around the end of the bed to get to the main part of the cabin by the window. Over all it was just ok but I would not get that room again. Never did get cold in the room. Kept the curtains closed most fo the time.

Port
Took a scooter right from the parking lot and rode about 15 miles looking for a reef on a beach to go snorkeling. No reefs you can get too from the beach. Stopped at at least 4 resorts and altho they looked nice no one has a reef to snorkel. We just rode back into town and the wife went shopping and I took the scooter out the other side to the golf country club and back. Saw the military in full gear with ak 47s stopped a car and was searching it. Also saw the local police everywhere. Local cop stopped me and told me to be sure and take my bag with me even tho I was close by. I never felt unsafe tho. If you need a pharmacy this is the place just one block over from the main drag.
Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Beautiful pier. All new. Freedom of the Seas was in port along with us and it is impressive to see the 2 ships in this port together. We went outside the secure area for about 1 block and turned back. Not a safe place in my opinion. Shopping is good at the pier but the prices on the ship were actually better. If you take a tour and stay with the group you should be ok if you do Dunn River falls.
Read 794 Falmouth Reviews
If you need a reef for snorkeling their is one 4 minutes to the right as you get off the tender and one or 2 to the left 10 minutes walk from the pier. I took my gear but you can rent a snorkel and fins for $14.00. Have been on the tours and didn't need to see the sting rays, turtle farm, distillery or seven mile beach again. I would see tho places tho If thi is your first time.
Published 02/13/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?