Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by CHMan00: Amazing time on the Breeze

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Amazing time on the Breeze

Sail Date: February 2013

Just returned from my cruise on the Breeze. This was my second cruise on Carnival. I sailed the Dream last year, and had so much fun I wanted to be at sea the same time this year. Last year I took the Western Caribbean, and wanted to see some of the Easter Caribbean sights this year.

Embarkation was easy. Used check in at the airport and bypassed the line at the cruise terminal. Didn't get bags in room till close to 6 pm.

The Breeze was an amazing ship. I loved the look of it. It is much more contemporary, and not so flashy. I loved the size of the ship and all it had to offer.

I wasn't with kids, so I didn't use the water slides much. I did go down them once, but I got stuck halfway down the pipe. So I don't think they are made for bigger people. But the lines for them were always present, and not just kids, so I am sure many people loved them. I didn't try the ropes course, because I have done some pretty impressive ropes courses, and this one didn't look More challenging at all, and is only about 10 feet off the deck. But it also always seemed busy, so I am sure it was fun for many.

My room was great. I had a Spa Balcony, and loved it. There was plenty of room, and a sofa to sit on. The bed was very comfortable. The balcony was nice. It didn't have a balcony over it, so I had full access to the sun. There were no privacy issues, as there was no one to look down on you, and you would have to hang over the rail to look in from the sides. The balcony did get wet if it rained, but that only happened at night. Our cabin steward was great and kept the room very clean. I had no complaints.

The spa was also great. I got the spa balcony upgrade for less than the price it would have cost to buy the week long pass. My room was just steps away from the side entrance to the gym. I could not hear the workout equipment from the cabin, or people walking in the hallway going to the gym. To get to the spa I just took a few steps through the gym and went up a set of steps and I was there. The Thalassa-therapy pool was great, and I used it almost every day. It was never busy. The outside hot tubs were usually busy, so I got my need for the hot tub met in the spa. I didn't use much of the rest of the spa much. The steam rooms were very hot. The tile loungers were relaxing.

The loungers on the lido were always full. I didn't use them or want them, but it looked like a lot of them were just being reserved all day. The pool didn't look too busy at most times, but I didn't use it. The Serenity deck was always very popular on Sea days. A few times I couldn't find a seat, and went back to my balcony. Lucked out one day and got the very in demand hammock, and spent the entire afternoon there. The hot tubs there were busy on sea days, but were usually open for sail away after port days. That's when I used them.

I had your-time dining, and it worked well. On the first elegant night the line was about 30 minutes at 6:30 pm. All the other nights I was able to be seated right away. The food in the MDR was always good. However, the service was a little bit slow at times, compared to set time dining.

I had the steak house for dinner the first night. It was good, but I would not pay $35 each for it again. It wasn't the best dinner of the week for me. I ate at the paid Italian restaurant one night too. It was only $12 a person, and it was by far the best meal of the week. The Italian seasoned steak was amazingly good. The Italian restaurant was also great for lunch with a limited menu, and it is free. I had Guy's burgers 5 or 6 times. I loved them. The lines were never long. Pizza was good, but could take 5 minutes or so when the lines were long. The breakfast buffets were average. The omelet line always seemed long, so I didn't try it. The Blue Iguana breakfast burritos were great, and I never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for one. Fat Jimmy's barbeque on sea days had very long lines, and I never tried it. The lines were 30-40 minutes long. The food looked good though.

I tried the Cheers program. It ended up being a good value for us, even though we used it very little on day two, and never hit the 15 drink limit. We still saved about $150 or so. The bar service was great everywhere except the main dining room. If you even saw a bar server before your meal got there, you may not see your first drink until you were ready for dessert. This got very aggravating a couple of nights.

The shows were okay. They were only 30 minutes long. The Brits made great use of the LCD screens, and was cool to watch. Didn't see Latin nights. Divas was just weird. The dancing and screaming by one of the male dancers was disturbing and some people got up and walked out. It was almost vulgar. The Edge variety show they had special for this cruise was very funny and entertaining. I hope they bring him in for more shows. I saw three comedians, and they were all good, but the Limelight lounge feels up quickly, and the line forms 30 minutes before the show. The Hasbro show was fun, but you don't need to see it more than once, unless you are hoping to get selected to play.

This was a very good cruise, a beautiful ship, and I would recommend it to anyone. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 12003

ROOM 12003 Great room. Quiet, and close to the gym via the side door. Could not hear gym equipment or door slamming. Balcony was not covered, and was very private. It is not covered, and no one can look down on you. The spa is above you, so there is no over-lookers at all. Plenty of room. It has the separating king bed, and a sofa. Four closets, one with shelves, and 4 pull out drawers. A couple of shelves, and your basic cruise ship bathroom. Deck 12 at the front of the ship, so you do feel a little movement, but nothing serious.

Booked a day pass at the Coconut Beach Resort. It was a nice beach, good food, and good service. Very quiet. No other cruise ship passengers there, just some retired Brits on vacation. Getting there was a little challenging because the cab drivers all want to take you on tour, and act as if they don't know where you are going.
Read 802 Antigua Reviews

Just did a little bit of walking around and shopping. People were friendly, and not too pushy here.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

Snorkeling

(4)
Booked with Carnival. Went to Turtle Cove. Saw about 5 turtles. One surfaced. The coral there is not worth the trip, but if you want to see turtles go for it. The crew on the catamaran gave rum punch to anyone who wanted it, including 15-16 year old kids. It was entertaining watching the drunk teenagers on the way back to the ship.

(5.5)
Went to Virgin Gorda to experience the Baths. I went there using Speedy's ferry service for $38 dollars each. It was round trip and covered the taxi service to the Baths. Beautiful place, cant wait to go back again. The passage through the caves was frustrating, because some people couldn't figure it out it was one way. So it took close to 45 minutes to get through waiting on the few people who refused to turn around and go the same way as everyone else.
Read 501 Tortola Reviews