Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by danal72: Nice Room, Tired Ship

Overall Member Rating

Nice Room, Tired Ship

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Just returned from a 4 day cruise aboard the Carnival Ecstasy. Read a lot of other reviews before I booked this cruise so I want to give the readers the highs and lows of this trip. Yes, the ship has a sewage smell occasionally. Its not constant or overwhelming, however if you're super-sensitive it might bother you.
About our room, it was called a grand suite. We had 3 kids and 2 adults in the room. It was a decent size, and had what seemed to be a larger balcony. However beware passengers who have difficulty with stepping up high....I really did not like stepping into the shower because I had to step into the whirlpool tub and it was at least 30 inches high! Might be a serious issues for older guests.
Since it was a February cruise the ship did not seem to be too busy, however most of the folks I saw were treating the buffet like a cattle call. I hate to say that but a ton of rude passengers. Honestly, my husband and I preferred to eat in the Windstar dining room More than deal with the buffet.
In all, most passengers know what they're getting with Carnival, good price, mediocre food, nice staff, and a party ship atmosphere. Would I sail with Carnival again, yes. On the Ecstasy, probably not. While in Nassau, we were docked next to the Norwegian Epic, now that's a ship I want to try!!! Less

Published 02/12/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X