Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by aseligman: An Epic week

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

An Epic week

Sail Date: February 2013

Overall, I had a great time on the Epic and would not hesitate to sail on this ship or Norwegian again.

As big as it is, I never had trouble finding a lounge chair or a quiet spot outside (hint: Deck 18) when I wanted to get away from the crowds. The pools and water park were great, and there were enough adults-only areas, such as Spice H20.

I thought the food was good overall, whether I was eating in the for-fee restaurants or the buffet or main dining room, and I never felt nickel-and-dimed. The entertainment, I thought, was excellent, although I did walk out on the Blue Man group. Second City and Legends In Concert were fun, though. So were Howl at the Moon and the comedian/magician. Slam Allen rocked in the blues club, too. Watching the Super Bowl on the big screen under the stars was pretty cool, too. What I liked is that there was always something going on, whether it was a band playing or a show or a party or even movies in the atrium (I saw the Natural on the More big screen for the first time since it was in the theaters).

I had a balcony cabin, and it was perfect for me. The decor was contemporary, and there was plenty of storage. One thing I did not like was the curved couch. It was completely uncomfortable.

I had a few other gripes with the ship, itself. The elevators are a disaster, and smoking in the casino should be banned. It's just inexcusable that Norwegian allows it, knowing what we know about second-hand smoke, and the fact that it's right there in the middle of the ship makes it even worse. Memo to Norwegian: Designate a room or space outside for smoking and ban it elsewhere. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 12 8074

Room was a little small but didn't feel cramped, at least for a solo traveler. I loved, loved, loved having a balcony. The contemporary decor was nice and there was plenty of storage space, so the room never felt cluttered. I didn't mind the bathroom/sink setup but could see why it might bother people. I DID NOT like the curved couch; it looked good but was simply uncomfortable. Room was also in a good spot, not too far from the elevator and stairs.

I went to the beach on Paradise Island. I was actually surprised. I thought this port would be a distant third to the other two, but the beach, although crowded, was beautiful. The water was crystal clear, too.
Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Went to Orient Beach. Only negative was it rained.

Took the ship's excursion to Trunk Bay. Spectacular beach, very good snorkeling.
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews

St. John Snorkel/Sail

(5)
Went to Trunk Bay on St. John. Great beach, very good snorkeling.