Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Forever Sich: Loved the Star

Compare Prices on Norwegian Star Western Caribbean Cruises

Loved the Star

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

My DH and I sailed on the Star it was a great first cruise. We checked in at the port and I felt that it went smoothly. We did get there early and were on board really quickly!! Our stateroom was great the balcony was a huge plus. We spent a lot of time out there. The first night we ate at the Italian restaurant my hubby had the chicken parm.he loved it so much we ate there a 2nd time during the week. I had shrimp risotto and it was great. The 2nd time around I had the steak with a small side of noodles, my DH had the same thing as before!! The staff at the restaurant was sooooo friendly.

Our cabin steward was great. We ate a TON on the ship and loved all the food NEVER felt like it was lacking at all. My highlights were the pork egg rolls in aqua and the pineapple in the Brazilian restaurant. but All the food was great I gained 10 pounds as proof to that! Oh and we used the stairs the whole time we were on ship just to help keep the pounds off ;)!

We went to Nouch More Kay in Costa Maya, it was $40 per person including all drinks and food will deff be doing this again!! In Belize we went with Nacho and Cynthia to the ruins and monkey preserve also an amazing time!!They were really great to go with!!They made us laugh and made learning about the ruins soooo much fun!! Roatan was great even if it rained all day we went to the private island snorkeled and looked at all the wonderful animals they have! I was able to hold a monkey and a croc while there and loved it!! The snorkeling here was the best of the trip!!! Can you say NEMOS drop-off!!It was just like in the movie!! Cozumel was my least fav of the ports, but we still had a good time went to playa maya the food was good and there was tons to do. However we were bugged to buy things constantly from the staff and you were really packed in there!!

The staff of the Star was always friendly and I loved the cool towels when we came back from ports! I do think that you lose a little in the dinning experience when you freestyle as you have a different server every time but I was amazed that many of the staff recognized us and were very welcoming!! We did have one bad meal at Blue Lagoon the wings were not what we were hoping for, After much hip about them they didnt live up!! All in All we WILL be sailing the Star again!! Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Star Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Star Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 10706

We Loved the location and set up of our cabin. The bed was not the best.