Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by RobertScottMason: Had a great time on The Breeze

RobertScottMason
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Had a great time on The Breeze

Sail Date: February 2013

EMBARKATION: 4 STARS Smooth.

PROMENADE DECK ( 5FL ) REDESIGN: 5 STARS.

What a fantastic change from the Glory type layout, where that lane next to the Casino is so busy and inside the ship. This design adds a splendid wrap around that is nice and sunny, not dark and dreary looking at the lifeboats. It gives one a new place to hang out, other than the Lido or the deck over looking it. This one has big wind shields, and a mix of sunny and shady areas. There is a new interior gathering area where all the trivia is done now too.

CASINO: 3.5 STARS Nice clean chrome.

DRINK PRICES: 1.5 STARS Greedy.

SMOKING POLICY: 1 STAR I know that on land smokers have to huddle by dumpsters due to the finger waggling crowd, but really, at sea, why is the allowed smoking area shrinking more and more on each ship ? From the entire casino, when I started cruising, to half of it last time, to 20% of it now.

LIDO FOOD: 3.75 STARS I liked More everything I ate. The salads are always super fresh. The potatoe salad with capers was very nice indeed.

HAMBURGERS, QUALITY: 4.25 STARS Those Guy burgers are quite good indeed. I liked the one with chili and a "righteous onion ring".

HAMBURGERS, AVAILABILITY: 2 STARS Burgers were available many more hours on other ships, and they were pretty good too, if i had to trade, I would dump guy for being able to get a burger more often.

INDIAN FOOD, LIDO: 4.5 STARS I can't get Indian at home because the wife does not like it, so I eat it as often as possible on cruise ships. It is very good on The Breeze.

PIZZA QUALITY: 2.75 STARS It is more like bar pizza here, with fewer selections. How about a sausage pizza, an onion pizza. The staff here like pretty much everyone on Carnival ships works very hard, this is no reflection on them.

PIZZA AVAILABILITY, 2 STARS: While it is open all the time, each one is made just for you. There are no heated glass cases with a bunch of pepperonis waiting to fly. The line gets long indeed. The pizza just isn't good enough to merit this nonsense. There is nothing offensive about pizza under warming lamps or in cases.

ROOMS AT END OF CORRIDORS AT BOW: 1 STAR One thing I like about cruise ships is that the hum of the engines is like white noise to me, and helps me sleep. Our room was at the dead end up front, and the waves were amazing loud. it sounded like a car hitting my house, I could not get used to it, and it was a fairly calm cruise.

Also, the door the cabin stewards bump out with their carts was directly across from our door. It is very loud when they bump them out over those raised thresholds. Also, the stewards like to gather there and talk, seemingly oblivious that not everyone might be awake yet. This is sort of surprising, as otherwise hey bend over backwards for you.

CLEANLINESS OF SHIP: 4.5 STARS Takes alot of effort to keep up with.

I myself caught some sort of stomach gurgler the last day ( still have it as I write this, made for white knuckle flying home ) even with constant hand washing and having my own hand sanitizer. we cruised right after one of the big norovirus scares a while back on NCL, and those sanitizer dispensers were EVERYWHERE, along with staff constantly offering to hit you with it from plant spritzers. I think they ought to place many more dispensers than I saw. One careless scratch of your eye or something after touching a railing is all it takes.

PASTA PAY RESTAURANT LUNCH: 4 STARS The pasta bar is free at lunch, it is a fee venue at night. My bolognese on linguini with grilled chicken was excellent.

DELI: 3.75 STARS A little more selection would be nice, like cold roast beef. The hot dogs were quite tasty.

INTERNET ACCESS PRICING: 1 STAR Greedy. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 1211

Room 1211 is HORRIBLE, waves hit bow, stewards bang carts and chit chat outside door.

Took a tour, Blackbeard's is a yawner.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

We were here not to long ago and were not impressed by anything but Atlantis, so we did not leave the ship this day.
Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

Magen Bay Beach

(3)
Expected to be overwhelmed with awesomeness after all the hype. Enjoyed watching pelicans dive for fish.

Took a tour, pretty views of ship from afar, crowded beach at the end, forget name.
Read 502 Tortola Reviews