Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by CrusinCallie: Was expecting more
Overall Member Rating
Was expecting more
Having traveled with Carnival before I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong. Following are is my critique -both good and bad.
1. The balcony stateroom was clean and well provided. If you don't mind walking and riding elevators the staterooms in the back of the ship are very quiet.
2. The interior of the Sensation is dated and showing its age. Reminds you of a 70's gaudy Las Vegas casino.
3. Overwhelming number of activities are geared to the younger adults. Big emphasis on alcohol drinking.
4. Staff and crew were very nice and professional.
5. Food was not very tasty. We tried each of the dining areas and found none better than the others. The appearance of the food in the buffet was sloppy and unappealing. The dining rooms offered food selections that sounded appealing but were far from it. To make matters worse the service in the dining room got more inattentive as the cruise progressed.
6. The piano bar had good talent but was hard to hear because of More the guitar player, who though good, was very loud whole playing in the atrium area.
7. The entertainment show in the Fantasia Lounge was very good most enjoyable.
Bottom line, would I cruise with Carnival again. Most likely not. Less
Read more Carnival Sensation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Sensation Review >>
Cabin review: 8A Balcony
Ours was a balcony stateroom located in the very back of the ship. Because of its location it was quiet at night. The room had a nice comfortable bed and also had plenty of storage in the three closets and drawers under the dressing table. The lighting was adequate. One problem, unless you recognize it while looking around you will wonder where the AC control is located. It is on the ceiling. To get to it you have to kneel or stand on the bed which is an experience in itself. Once you find it the AC works fine. There was also a safe in one of the closets but could only be opened by one person. This was a problem when the one person able to open the safe was not available. The bathrooms were clean, but small. Adequate hot water at any time. One problem was fresh towels were brought to the room in the late afternoon.Read All Balcony (8A) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Quick, but Awesome, Sky Getawa...
Really enjoyable - give it a g...
Great first time cruise for us...
First time cruisers may enjoy;...
A horrible experience with hos...
The Best Time
Great if you have young kids. ...