Having traveled with Carnival before I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong. Following are is my critique -both good and bad.
1. The balcony stateroom was clean and well provided. If you don't mind walking and riding elevators the staterooms in the back of the ship are very quiet.
2. The interior of the Sensation is dated and showing its age. Reminds you of a 70's gaudy Las Vegas casino.
3. Overwhelming number of activities are geared to the younger adults. Big emphasis on alcohol drinking.
4. Staff and crew were very nice and professional.
5. Food was not very tasty. We tried each of the dining areas and found none better than the others. The appearance of the food in the buffet was sloppy and unappealing. The dining rooms offered food selections that sounded appealing but were far from it. To make matters worse the service in the dining room got more inattentive as the cruise progressed.
6. The piano bar had good talent but was hard to hear because of the guitar player, who though good, was very loud whole playing in the atrium area.
7. The entertainment show in the Fantasia Lounge was very good most enjoyable.
Bottom line, would I cruise with Carnival again. Most likely not.