Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Sofinick

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Sofinick
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: Sofinick
Cruise Date: February 2013
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Exceeded Expectations!
Let me start by saying that I am NOT an avid cruiser. It is not my idea of a fantastic vacation and would not be my first choice. That being said - if I have to go on a large ship cruise again it will only be with Celebrity Cruises.

My husband and I took my elderly Mother with us and selected Eastern Caribbean for the ease of getting us all to the ship. There were direct flights from Boston (Mom) and DC (us) that got us in and out at around the same times. Check in for the cruise was quick and efficient and we were on the ship at around noon. We went up to the Mast Grill on deck 14 for burgers and fries (very good) while we waited to get access to the rooms. Rooms were ready by 1:15 and we had our bags shortly thereafter.

Overall impression of the ship was fantastic. Everything was new, elegant and perfect - like we were the first to see her. Mid ship atrium with glass elevators took our breathe away - and the living tree suspended in the atrium was so beautiful and so unexpected! The cabins were spacious, well laid out, had plenty of storage, and had big and modern baths. My husband is a big guy and he fit in the shower stall with no problem and he loved the powerful water pressure and unlimited hot water! Cabins had a safe, minibar, hairdryer, robes, and even an umbrella. Cabin service was outstanding. We never had a used towel stay in the room for more than an hour or so. I swear our cabin steward, Enrique, was servicing our cabin every time he saw us leave. He learned our names right away and connected us with my Mom (and took extra good care of her).

Ship has 2 pools and 6 hot tubs. It was a little difficult to get lounge chairs in the shade, especially on "at sea" days. I agree with other reviewers that the cabanas were a waste and no one was using them or the lawns (which could only be used for bocce). If you want to putt or play croquet (like we did) you cannot do it on Reflection. Fitness room was PACKED every day and there were waits for the equipment. The restaurants were really good, even the buffet (Oceanview Cafe) and the main restaurant (Opus). We tried Tuscan Grille (for a fee) and thought it was good too, but not that much better than the main dining room. We could never get a reservation to Murano - it must book up pre-cruise. We did try the crepes, the paninis, and the gelato - all good. The croissant and brioche at the buffet were amazing. All bread made fresh daily as well as ice cream. Some meals were good, some were amazing. Surprisingly, the steaks were very good and all soups were wonderful.

Shows were OK to good and the smaller musical events were very good (jazz quartet, a capella, etc.). Guest services was helpful and shore excursions were good and worth the price. Getting off ship was a pain, but they all have that problem.

Port of Miami is a mess. Customs and Immigration was a complete zoo and was only topped by the complete chaos of trying to get on a bus to Miami airport. I will never do that again - will take my own cab instead of pre-paid transfers. We waited more than 90 minutes outside in a crowd to catch the bus. Not recommended.

All in all it was a great cruise experience and Celebrity handled everything smoothly and graciously.

Publication Date: 02/12/13