Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Dune_mama: Worst Cruise with carnival by far

Dune_mama
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Worst Cruise with carnival by far

Sail Date: February 2013

This was my second cruise with Carnival, my first taking my daughter. Compared to our last cruise, which was on a much older ship the Destiny, this cruise was roughly the same.

The positive:

The ship has a very tropical, island feel to it. Our room steward was wonderful, absolutely no complaints there. There was always someome cleaning something around us no matter where we were on the ship, picking up empty glasses, sweeping the floor, etc.

The Waterworks was great,we spent a great deal of time there with my daughter, although the last at Sea day, the slides were out of commission for a while due to an issue.

The ropes course was another great feature we'd never seen on a ship.

The pizza, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina - All wonderful, we ate lunch at these most days. They were full of flavor, and very tasty, I WISH these would have been open during dinner.

The Negative

There were random spots, mainly in the More stairweels (and never the same stairwell) that smelled of sewage.

The entertainment- was awful we went to the Diva's show, and it appeared that they were lip syncing the show, which wasn't that good to begin with. The comedy shows were terrible.The food in the dining room- I wasn't impressed at all with the food. Even the formal nights were very bland, the steaks had an odd taste, I realize this isn't "fine dining" but everyone at our table had issues with the food.

Service in the dining room- the waiters were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. They hardly had time to interact with us during dinner. Most we couldn't understand. Our past cruises, by the second night our waiters addressed us by name, even on the last night of this 8 day cruise the waiters didn't address us by name.

The beds- Our beds, which we had put together to a king, were incredibly lumpy and uncomfortable.

Temprature of the cabins - I have to bring a fan because my husband has to have one at night, but even with the fan on, our cabin was incredibly hot at night even with the in room thermostat all the way down.

I booked our shore excursions from outside vendors, mainly because Carnival in the past tack on an average of $50.00 more for the same thing.

Camp Carnival - we took my 6 year old the first day to see what it was like and she walked in and they started talking to her in a baby voice, she turned heel and walked out. She never wanted to go back.

I was not impressed at all with the Breeze, the ship itself was beautiful, however with the service in the dining room and other issues we had, we may look elsewhere if we ever cruise again. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>