Carnival Elation Cruise Review by double s: Elation - Fantastic ship & crew!

double s
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

Elation - Fantastic ship & crew!

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

My husband and I have sailed several other lines, and were wondering if the quality of food/service would have suffered since our last Carnival cruise.
Exactly the opposite!

Let me tell you more....embarkation staff was excellent....we were in lines like everyone else and Carnival rep noticed my husband walking assisted by a cane. We were immediately sent to 'special disabilities' check in with no waiting at all! The only problem was at security when my husband's new knee set off the metal detector, plus his bag failed inspecition, too. They took him to the side for pat down and scan. I was left with his bag and had difficulty opening it, since I had never used it! They wouldn't let him come to me until after his 'metal knee' cleared security. It was a bit comical, and we enjoyed a laugh or two remembering the 'excitement.'

Our Upper deck U34 cabin was just as expected. Room smelled clean and fresh, as did all of the public areas. Extreme care was More taken onboard to keep trash picked up, and staff always checking pool areas. Our cabin steward, Floyd, was adequate, and left us a cute towel animal nightly. He always cleaned our room in the morning & evening at dinner. (One day we were late leaving our cabin (noon) and he still cleaned it!)

we had anytime dining in the Imagination dining room. We usually went to dinner around 7:30 our "Tri" and her wait staff took wonderful care of us.
They always remembered our names, and treated us graciously. The food was very good every night with multiple choices. Being able to order a steak an extra night was a hit with the hubby. Chocolate melting cake was the BEST!.

We had rough seas on our first full sea day, but took Dramanine and managed ok.

Saturday we docked at Cozumel. We took a $7. PP taxi to Paradise Beach Resort,
less than 10 minutes from Puerta Maya pier. We paid $2. each to get a wrist band and use the very clean and like new facilities, beach chairs, and gargantuan pool. I highly recommend this! Also, for an additional $10. you can use several water slides, water rock wall, trampoline, kayaks, etc.We watch one show in the main lounge, played bingo one night, and spent time exploring the ship. Our cabin location was forward on port side, very convenient to dining room & Atrium lounge. The grand atrium is beautiful, one of the prettier Carnival ships we've sailed.

ON our last Sea day it was SuperBowl Sunday! There were multiple tv's set up in each lounge area, plus a huge projection screen in the main show lounge. Carnival had a hot buffet set up complete with fried shrimp and chicken wings!
We went to dinner right after halftime show and then caught the exciting end to the game bar in the Atrium lounge.

It was one of our best cruises ever, and we think Carnival still ROCKS! Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Elation Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Elation Oceanview Main U34

Our forward port cabin on Upper Deck was U34. We were very pleased with the cabin, although we missed having a small couch or chairs. We had one bench under the vanity, and I ate breakfast in bed most mornings! Closet space was ample for 2 adults only. Bathroom larger than most cruise lines. There was a tiny bit of noise late night, but we weren't bothered by it. I was stay in this location again.