Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by maddogbeast

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: maddogbeast
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: MB
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

12 days with great CC group
Although the Gem is still my favorite the Jewel gives it stiff competition. We had sailed on the Jewel in the past and found the ship to be in great shape.

We arrived at the pier around 3:00 so there was no line, we went right to our cabin then headed up on deck for the sailaway. The weather was a little cold and allot windy, but the photo ops were fantastic.

We had about 100 people at our M&G and we were greeted by Captain Idar, Hotel Director Hugo and other ships officers. We had a very active board and it was great to meet everyone.

I was very impressed with the entertainment on the Jewel. There was something going on everywhere. Next Stage played everything from Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd to current top 40 songs. I was truely amazed at how good they were. Cruise Director Jamie and her staff were excellant. They really kept everyone entertained.

Food was plentyful and good. Yes some nights were better then others. The night we went to Mama's the food was so salty that I couldn't eat it and I didn't care for Moderno. I think they should bring back Salsa. Cagneys was great. The Salmon in Azura was one of the best salmon dishes I have ever had. I did find it hard to get drinks in any of the dining venues. But hey that saved me some money. We did think that the food was improved over past cruises.

We booked all our excursions through NCL and they were all great! They were definatly improved over past cruises, especially the beach break with lunch in Antigua.

Weather was great throughout the cruise. A little exciting on the last sea day, but overall that wasn't to bad.

I am already booked on the Breakaway and looking forward to another NCL experience.

Publication Date: 02/12/13