Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Cjnerin424: First time cruisers, can't wait to go again!

Cjnerin424
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

First time cruisers, can't wait to go again!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

This was my husband and I's first cruise, we booked it as our honeymoon and another couple, our close friends, also joined us. The Carnival Pride was absolutely amazing! Debarking from Baltimore wasn't bad at all, the wait seemed like forever to get past security (but then again, we were minutes away from vacation, of course it seemed like forever). Once we past through security & got our sail and swipe card, we were free to board the ship.

Debarking & Stateroom:

Our first stop, our room. We upgraded to a private balcony room (Room 8250) and right away, we knew it was perfect!! The room was a nice size for the two of us, a comfy king size bed, a couch, table & a small flat screen tv. We didn't realize at first, but soon discovered the room has a mini fridge! Our bags were outside of our door in no time for us to start unpacking & making ourselves at home for the week. We had to do the mandatory evacuation plan once all passengers were on board. A few people More already had drinks in them, so it was quite entertaining. As the ship was getting ready to set sail, my husband and I sat right on our balcony enjoying the view in private.

Dining:

We had early dining at Normandie, which we weren't too impressed with. Our waiter must of have been new, because he did a terrible job at making sure our drinks were filled, or that we even mattered. We didn't want our first dining experience on our first night let that put a damper on our honeymoon. We started exploring the ship, to discover that just a deck above where our room is, was the Mermaid Grill, which was buffet heaven!! There were several different buffets ranging from salad, to pizza, to sandwiches, to sweets! Anything you can think of! We ate there quite a bit, for breakfast & dinner. The food was always hot and tasty!! The nice thing with our room being just a deck below, if we didn't feel like eating in the dining room, we got a tray, loaded it up with food and took it back to our room. The lido deck was another grill wth hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken tenders.. We usually ate there for lunch while they had shows and entertainment going on.

We also took advantage of the 24/7 complimentary room service, it surely came in handy on the nights we consumed one too many drinks! Or if we were just too lazy to get up in the morning. For being on vacation, it was nice to eat out on our balcony in the comfort of a bathrobe!

Entertainment:

Every night we would receive an itinerary of the next day of all the activities going on throughout the ship. The Taj Mahal was a popular spot, we attended the "Love and Marriage" show which was VERY entertaining. We laughed so much, I would highly recommend checking it out. There was also a comedy club on board, we were lucky to check out a show! There was a nice, big casino on board, full of slot machines, card tables and a nice sports bar off to the side. They had some pool tables too! It was pretty nice, the 'happenin' spot. A deck above was a gift shop & a jewelry store across the way, both very nice. We waited to purchase souvenirs until the last day at sea, everything was discounted!!

My husband and I decided to join the Cheers Program, for a worry free mind set and the price of the alcohol per glass, we decided the pay one flat rate to have unlimited alcohol and soda. It was a little pricey, $42 a day per person, but again, for a worry free mind set it was worth it. I enjoy wine, and a glass of wine was $7.50 plus a 15% gratuity added on to EVERY drink you buy, again, totally worth it! At least for our age group, my husband and I are in our mid 20s, and it was our honeymoon, we didn't want to worry and we wanted to have a GREAT time!

There was also mini golf, which was awesome and something we really enjoyed. We were on top of the ship, playing mini golf and amazed with the view. Next to mini golf, there was a basketball court & a running/walking track.

Serenty was a nice bar, for 21+, which was a nice break! It was very quiet, at the end of the ship. There was a pool and whirlpool and plenty of seating/lounging areas. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8250

We LOVED our room. We were in stateroom 8250, in the back of the ship. We didn't feel much swaying of the ocean nor much rumbling from the propellers below. We had more than enough room for our belongs. 3 huge closets, room to put our suitcases under the bed, plenty of drawer space and our private balcony was perfect!! Since we were in the back of the ship, the hallway was pretty quiet & our steward, Putu, was awesome! He was a very friendly man who always made sure we were taken care of!

Kayaking

(5)
We selected a kayak and snorkel trip in Freeport. It was another amazing experience! Our tour guide was awesome, very friendly and funny!! He took us to a beach, were he set everything up for us (got our kayaks prepared). We were in love with the clear blue water. We kayaked about a mile to this private island where we snorkeled on a reef. What a cool experience! There must of been thousands of fish that we saw, and they paid us no mind. They just swam around and along the way, our tour guide was pointing out some pretty neat stuff. I recommend getting an underwater camera or two! We did, the pictures turned out nice. We even saw a barracuda is the distance, it was pretty freaky, but cool! We snorkeled for about an hour or so, there was even a boat that followed close by just in case anyone was short of breath, cold or just didn't want to be in the water anymore. They also provided a nice lunch for us, simple, lunch meat sandwiches, lemonade & tea. Enough to fill us up until we got back to the ship. I would certainly recommend this excursion to anyone!

Dolphin Encounter

(5.5)
This was by far my favorite part of the whole trip. We booked a deep water dolphin swim and it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience. We docked in Nassau and drove over to Atlantis, which was too beautiful for words. We walked about 15 mins over to dolphin cove, but the sights were just amazing! When we reached dolphin cove, we had a group orientation and were split into small groups of 5 people so we had more one on one time with the dolphin. After a short, yet fun, orientation, we were right out in the water. We each got to pet, kiss and take pictures with these gentle giants. We were also provided complimentary snorkeling gear. Once everyone had their gear and got their pictures done, we swam to the deep part of the cove where the trainers handed us underwater scooters that did all the swimming for us. I dove underwater just to look to my left and see the dolphin swimming just inches from me. Another dolphin even came over to join us. We spent about 20 mins or so doing this. It was great. Lastly, we had the famous foot push, where the dolphin came up behind us and pushed us from one end of the lagoon to the other. The trainers educated us a little more about the dolphins and they even showed us a few tricks. It was such a fun time!! I would recommend this to anyone at least once. I would do this again with no hesitation!!

Cocoa Beach

(5.5)
My husband and his buddy decided to book an excursion for surf lessons at Ron Jon's surf school. They had a great time, and since the excursion was booked through Carnival, they provided transportation. My girlfriend & I decided we were going to catch a cab over to Cocoa beach to meet up with our boys. Getting off the ship, there were people more than willing to help us to get where we needed. Cabs were lined up outside to take anyone where they needed to go. It was $6 per person for cab fare, which wasn't bad at all. We were dropped off right on Cocoa beach where we were able to walk along side the water on a beautiful sunny day. The water was a little chilly, so we opted to lay on the beach and catch some rays. We even had time to grab a bite to eat at Captain J's, a nice restaurant right on the beach. That was also my first time having gator tails!!