Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruising Coverts

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruising Coverts
Freedom of the Seas
Cabin Category: L
Public Rooms 5+
        Under 3 1.0

Family Cruise on Freedom of the Seas
We had talked for a while as a family to do a cruise together. So we looked into what different ships had to offer! There were 8 of us in our party: My wife and I, her parents, her sister, our brother in law, our two year old nephew, and grandma! When we saw what all the Freedom of the Seas had to offer we booked it and were excited immediately! We booked interior staterooms because we just couldn't afford the nicer balcony staterooms which are really nice. I know this because on day one grandma asked to see one of those rooms so they showed us one that was unoccupied at the time.

Our travel agent was wonderful until we were on the ship! She had miss communicated many things to us! We had booked three separate rooms and should have booked 4. One for my wife and I, another for my father and mother in law with grandma added to their room, and another for my brother and sister in-law with there two year old son. Since this being our second cruise ever we didn't know about the pull down bed for grandma. She couldn't climb up on that bed to save her life. So we walked down the front desk and explained our situation. They told us that they were full capacity for the cruise but to check later in the evening to see. So we went back and the lady at the front desk was so helpful! She told us there was one more room available and she wasn't suppose to give it to us for free but she did so grandma wouldn't have to climb up on a bed. Wonderful customer service!

The one other thing that was frustrating to our family was the fact that our travel agent as well as the cruise line promised us lots of things for children to do! That is so true...except for children under 3 years old. We had a two year old and there was nothing for him to do except the big water play place! Now they said there would be baby sitting available and we figured at not cost to us because of the cost of the cruise but it was extra so we never used it. Very unhappy parents when it came to that part of the cruise! Not much for little kids to do on board the ship.

Other than that the cruise was absolutely wonderful! I would go back again in a heart beat. The entertainment was amazing! Some of the best I have seen on a cruise ship ever. That says a lot since I have only been on this being our second cruise! The food was excellent. From main dinning, Johnny Rockets, to buffet service it was very good! The way to go with Royal Caribbean is with my time dinning! You can be flexible with your main dinning room service times! Worth the little extra plus your gratuities are already included. One of the coolest things that my wife and I did was that we tried to surf using the surfing simulator. I wanted to boogie board but you have to check to make sure you go during the right times because it changes throughout each day of the cruise. It was awesome! We were awful but it was an amazing addition to the ship. I would cruise Royal Caribbean again just to do that! The on board activities to the stops along the way, it was a very memorable cruise and we loved our time on Freedom of the Seas. If you want a larger ship experience but still feel like you are not just a number or feel like its too crowded then Freedom of the Seas is for you!

Publication Date: 02/11/13