Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Maisie45

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Spirit is awesome
Booked our holiday through Cruise Nation online. Very good price which also included 2 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise and $100 onboard credit. Embarkation was very easy, on the ship within 30 minutes of arriving at the port.

Having been on the Epic I didn't know what to expect of a smaller ship, but I have to say, I prefer the smaller one. The staff on board were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The entertainment staff got to know us well as a family, which consisted of myself, my two daughters, aged 18 & 19', one of their boyfriends and my parents. The entertainment was really good, from different dance lessons with Hector to the big shows in the Stardust Theatre. Lots to do in the daytime. We were running around doing digital scavenger hunts to playing bingo, all good fun.

The food was excellent, we mixed between Windows restaurant and the buffet. We did the Teppanyaki one night and that was a really fun experience, the food was yummy.

We befriended one bar waiter in particular called Chaeril, affectionately known as Charlie. Whenever we walked into the Galaxy of the Stars bar, he was there calling us by our first names and finding us seats.

We had such a fantastic time, we were all crying when it was time to leave. This was my second NCL cruise and I love them. I have done a P&O one, but found them a little to geared towards older people. It's was my parents first cruise and they are hooked now.

Publication Date: 02/11/13