Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Maisie45: Spirit is awesome

Spirit is awesome

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Barcelona

Booked our holiday through Cruise Nation online. Very good price which also included 2 nights in Barcelona pre-cruise and $100 onboard credit. Embarkation was very easy, on the ship within 30 minutes of arriving at the port.

Having been on the Epic I didn't know what to expect of a smaller ship, but I have to say, I prefer the smaller one. The staff on board were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The entertainment staff got to know us well as a family, which consisted of myself, my two daughters, aged 18 & 19', one of their boyfriends and my parents. The entertainment was really good, from different dance lessons with Hector to the big shows in the Stardust Theatre. Lots to do in the daytime. We were running around doing digital scavenger hunts to playing bingo, all good fun.

The food was excellent, we mixed between Windows restaurant and the buffet. We did the Teppanyaki one night and that was a really fun experience, the food was yummy.

We More befriended one bar waiter in particular called Chaeril, affectionately known as Charlie. Whenever we walked into the Galaxy of the Stars bar, he was there calling us by our first names and finding us seats.

We had such a fantastic time, we were all crying when it was time to leave. This was my second NCL cruise and I love them. I have done a P&O one, but found them a little to geared towards older people. It's was my parents first cruise and they are hooked now. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 10557

Cabin 10557 midship inside. Adequate for our needs, in the middle so handy for everything. No noise nearby. Shower was lovely and big.

Didn't really do much here except walk to a castle. Not much to see, the landscape is pretty baron.

We had to pay for the coach from the port to the main area. This was $8 each for a return and this was charged to your onboard account. We only did the cable car at €15 return. The one thing I didn't like here was being constantly pestered by taxi drivers to take tours with them. They are everywhere. Didn't make for relaxing time onshore.

I liked Tenerife, we walked to the sites but there was a coach if you wanted it. Lots to see and do. We found a small museum for a castle, underground, just stumbled upon it really. Thought it was a subway but it was entrance to the remains of the castle. It was free of charge and quite informative. The 'opera house' is worth a walk to, spectacular bit of architecture.
Read 209 Tenerife Reviews