Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by eclipse2011: Second cruise as good as the first

eclipse2011
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Western Caribbean Cruises

Second cruise as good as the first

Sail Date: January 2013

The embarkation process was surprisingly quick and easy. After unloading our luggage, we were on the ship within fifteen minutes with a glass of champagne and that wonderful thing called a sea pass card (with those four little letters on them: PALL that made the trip so much more fun). After OUR first cruise last year on the Eclipse with our grown children, we decided to take my parents on their FIRST cruise on the Silhouette for their 75th birthdays. We so enjoyed our first cruise (which far exceeded our expectations), we hoped the second one would be at least as good. And it was!

We were impressed with the public areas of the ship. The ship was always clean or being cleaned and rarely felt crowded. We could always find a quiet space. My dad enjoyed the library on deck 10, and many mornings, my mom just liked to order room service for breakfast and sit on the veranda by the sea.

After the muster drill, which was the only time we felt crowded for fifteen minutes, More we walked up to the sky lounge, ordered pina coladas and sat in the comfortable chairs,watching the sail away. On both our cruises this has been our favorite spot for sail-away, a great bar and very few people. My parents were in shock at the level of pampering and luxury on-board. The hotel, amenities, restaurants, casino, and shops, were first rate and nicer than many land based hotels. Even though, my parents don't drink much alcohol, we bought them the premium package. This was enjoyable because my mom could try different cocktails and discovered a fondness for the green apple martini at the martini bar.We ate most dinners in the MDR and the food was always very good and presented at the correct temperature and at the right time. We opted for Select dining and never had to wait for a table. The service on a couple of nights was a little rushed and just a little disorganized, but overall we had wonderful meals in a beautiful dining room. On two nights we ate at the lawn club grill and qsine. The service in both the venues was definitely a step up. The flat-breads at the lawn club were the biggest surprise, they were great. My husband even cooked his own steak, to perfection, according to him:-).

My mother and I both enjoyed the Zumba classes on board and the instructor, Dana, was fun and energetic. My husband really enjoyed the work out facility.

At the end of the day, we really enjoyed the sunset bar with a drink on the lawn under the stars as my husband enjoyed a Cuban cigar and a Baileys.

The cabin staff, Viviana and Bagus, were very friendly, Calling us by name each time they saw us in the hallway. Cabins were kept Very clean throughout the cruise.

Disembarkation was longer than embarkation but still not a real problem. We had to walk to a different terminal to go through customs, took maybe 20 minutes.

Overall a wonderful time and exceeded our expectations again. Looking forward to planning our next cruise. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (8) 8301

Close to central elevators, no noises in cabin, no noise in hallway, efficient layout, no view obstructions.

Most fun of the four on this cruise. Very clean and no issues with local sellers pushing goods.
Read 235 CocoCay Reviews

Spent some time on paradise beach. Very fun and nice facilities.
Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews