Carnival Magic Cruise Review by gubby4: Simply Magical

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Simply Magical

Sail Date: February 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

We flew from Pittsburgh to Houston and went with Sam's Limosine Service to drive us to Galveston.
I would highly recommend them, they were extremely professional and right on time.
We were at the ship at 11:30 and were in line for about 35minutes which was not bad at all, line moved very quickly. We ate at the Italian restaurant which is complimentary from 12-2:30 everyday and the food is very good. We were in our rom by 1:30.
Once you learn the lay out of the ship, it is absolutely amazing. We enjoyed every part of it. The bands on the Ocean Plaza, Kareoke, all the games, the casino...we just loved it all. The beach pool was fun every day. We have two teenagers (boy and girl) and they loved listening to the bands, playing bingo, trivia games, the pool slides, basketball courts, fitness center etc...I think we did it all!

We ate breakfast every day on the Lido deck (buffet) and thought it to be very good. We had anytime dining which I would do again. As long as More you are there between 5:45 and 6:30 the line goes very fast.
Food selection was very good. They had mexican night buffet and a chocolate dessert buffet one night that was amazing! We never made it to the Steak House but heard very good reviews about it.

The bars are all great, drinks are pricey but that's part of cruising. We met so many nice people I was so sad when it was over. We thought the Magic was awesome!!! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Spa 12030

Our cabin was a spa cabin. It was extremely quiet, and always clean. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and always asked how our day was and if we needed anything. The only thing our family would do different is probably book two rooms or get a suite. Only because my son is 18, my daughter is 16 and we were just too cramped and not enough room for all of our clothes. We loved our balcony. This helped with the space when someone was getting dressed.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5.5)
We went Chankanaab Park and did the Dolphin Swim Adventure. This park and it's facilities were amazing! We had about an hour wait before our excursion and we were able to swim in the pool which also has a swim up bar. Once you book your excursion, you can use all of the parks facilities. The Dolphin Adventure was a lot of fun. We were able to swim with them, pet them and interact for a little over an hour. The only distraction was the amount of pictures that were being taken so that you could buy the package which was approx. 200dollars. We only bought one picture. We also had time to shop which was fun and had lunch at Senoir Frogs which was so much fun as well.

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
This was my absolute favorite port.This island is so beautiful and clean. We did the stingray excursion on the buccaneer catamaran which also included snorkeling. It took about 35min on the catamaran to get to the stingrays which was so much fun. I have never snorkeled and thought it was just beautiful. This excursion does not include lunch, just punch and water so bring along some snacks because our teenagers did get hungry. We also had time to eat lunch at Margareteville which was a lot of fun as well.

Beach Break

(5.5)
In Montego Bay we went to Sunset Beach which is an all inclusive beach, including a grill by the pool which is open all day and a wonderful buffet which was open from 12-2:30. This beach is paradise. My husband and I took our 2 teenagers and absolutely loved this beach. It has several slides and a lazy river. with a very nice pool area. The beach water even at this time was extremely nice. The hotel was very clean. We took a taxi which was 3 dollars per person and it was only 10minutes from the ship.