Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by mikechass: Great time away!

mikechass
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great time away!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Not planning on writing a long review, but I will say
I thought Patti was excellent, very sincere and we really enjoyed her time out and about.
We saw her in the Ocean View TONS, enjoyed her singing and found her to be one of the better cruise directors we have dealt with
The food was WONDERFUL, we ate in the oceanview and MDR only... as well as burgers up at the Mast Grill.
Pool Butlers were out in full force.
Saw MANY MANY people FLIPPING out when they came back after hours to see their stuff had been moved.
No children were in the Solarium EVER, actually there was hardly every anyone in there and after nine pm it was empty 10 out of 14 nights we were up there.
The ports were great, we had to Tender in St. Thomas which was a bit of a hassle but not a big deal.
Megan's Bay was overrun with Jelly Fish when we went... so we did another beach.
We were in Aruba till 10 pm but the stores all close at 6, as well as the phone and internet centre on More the pier.
Our room steward was very seldom seen.
Some people in our group got towel animals etc, we didn't need that.
I gave him a note, asking for the bar to be emptied, some big beach towels, a bucket of ice twice a day and the beds how I wanted them, and it was all done without hassle.
The room I will say was frustrating, the beds shook like CRAZY. ANY TIME THE SHIP pulled into a port.
The other issue we had with it was a LOT of banging around. At first we thought someone moving something up a floor above us, but it happen MANY MANY nights in a row and till very late.

The shows were good, the dancers aren't strong but they are excellent later in the shows, when they were doing Cirque type stuff.
We had select dining, sat at 6 pm each night in the same tables with the same waiter and assistant waiter.. loved them, they were excellent.

Overall the cruise was wonderful and reminded me how Celebrity is just a little bit ahead of RCCL and leaps and bounds above Princess and NCL.

Eclipse left port late when we boarded but left even later the day we disembarked.
No fault of theirs I know as the weather reeked havoc on people's flights.
The cruise terminal is under construction, so that makes things a bit difficult.
We arrived at the FT. L airport with 40 minutes to spare for our 10:30 am flight out of Florida to Toronto, I wouldn't recommend you book that but we didn't have a choice in the matter so we were happy to be out and driving from the pier at 845 am. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda Vista Deck (8) 9104

9104 Lots of shaking in the room, whenever the ship backed up or parked at the ports... Honestly it felt like someone was standing at the foot of my bed shaking the mattress with all their might. Was quite scary when it woke me up. Lots of banging above us. Noises through out the night. Shower had a sticky door but not a big deal.