Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by nward

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: nward
Cruise Date: February 2013

Awesome Carnival Breeze
The Carnival Breeze is my favorite Carnival ship to date. It's new. It's clean. The decor is subtle compared to other Carnival ships. We cruised out of Miami port. We arrived the night before the cruise and stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. We took advantage of the free airport shuttle as well as the free shuttle to the port. I recommend the hotel for an overnight stay.

The Breeze, in my opinion, is gorgeous. Everything is new and clean. I fell in love with the decor immediately. We were on the ship in about 15 minutes of arriving at the port. The first thing I wanted to do once aboard the ship was taste a Guy burger. :-) It is definitely an upgrade from the traditional Carnival burgers. I thought they were good, not great. But, people LOVE these burgers! The lines moved rather quickly. I think it is definitely worth a try.

Since I'm on the topic of food, I will say that the food overall on the Breeze was really good. We tried pretty much all the food options over our 8 day cruise. The Lido Market Place was good with many options. I especially enjoyed the themed choices (e.g. Caribbean, Italian, French, etc.). The lines in the Lido Market Place move pretty quickly, as do most lines on the Breeze. The Blue Iguana was so yummy. I tried a burrito for lunch and I also tried the breakfast burrito. Both were quite good. The Bonsai sushi was pretty good and reasonably priced. The Red Frog Pub was fun. The drinks were delicious. I thought the food was only average, however. We tried the grouper fingers and the wings. The wings were really bland and the grouper fingers were just OK. The Cucino del Capitano was a real deal. You got a 3 course meal for $12. The bread and mozzarella starter was delicious. We ordered the meatballs as an appetizer. They were good. My boyfriend ordered the steak as an entree. He said it was good. I ordered the spaghetti carbonara. It was not that good. I thought the spaghetti carbonara offered in the Blush dining room was significantly better. And lastly, the Blush dining room. I thought the food was typical Carnival fare. It was good. My favorite meal, of course, was the lobster and the chateau briand.

We had a balcony room on the 9th floor. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the decor in the rooms. Our room attendant, Wi, was extremely helpful and friendly. He did a wonderful job keeping our room spotless.

The service, overall, was very good. Our waitress, Natallia, was great! She was so friendly and personable. Our head waitress, Oana, was just OK. She was not as friendly or attentive as Natallia. But, she was efficient.

I highly recommend the Breeze. It's a wonderful ship. Butch, the cruise director, and Amy (6' 3"), assistant director, were loads of fun. I will definitely sail on the Breeze again.

Publication Date: 02/11/13