“First cruise with Royal Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

Sun and Fun Cruiser Navigator of the Seas 4 First cruise with Royal Caribbean
Sun and Fun Cruiser
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I sailed on the Navigator of the Seas from New Orleans on Feb. 2nd. By and large, this was a wonderful vacation, and we will definitely cruise with RC again, but here are a few positives and negatives... Negatives New Orleans port was insane. The cruise line had not arranged adequate parking since it was Super Bowl weekend. We waited in a line of cars for an hour and a half to check our baggage. Then we were sent to park, but there were no places in the lot that we were directed to. There was no one there who could help us. We were left frantically trying to park in time to actually board the ship even though we arrived two hours early. We ended up having to pay almost forty dollars/day to park in a private deck because there was no parking available through Royal Caribbean. Food - The food was just ok. The Windjammer was typical buffet style food with little variety day to day. The dining room was excellent once or twice through the week, good a couple of times, and unfortunately bad a couple of times as well. They had a couple of barbeques by the pool which were excellent. Excursion - We booked the river raft trip. The rafting itself was wonderful! However, it was one of those "hurry up and wait" kind of days. What was supposed to be a rafting/banana plantation tour was misrepresented. The "banana plantation" was about the size of my back yard. (We waited around for about an hour for this "tour".) Then we made an unscheduled shopping stop(I assume for some kind of kick back) that left us barely enough time to get back to the ship. Positives The staff of the ship was excellent. The shows were definitely above average for a cruise ship. The ice show was especially good. The room was very clean. The activities were good. The ship is beautiful and provided plenty of room so that we did not feel crowded at all. We arrived at our stops exactly on time.
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Port
Beautiful resort. Great snorkeling and beach. Wonderful food and drinks. Not enough space at the pool.
Read 4,596 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Port was great. Perfectly safe, clean, great little shops. Expediant disemarking and boarding.
Read 795 Falmouth Reviews
Dolphin Swim
One of the best experiences of my life. Got to spend a good amount of time with the dolphin. It was very interractive. Definitely got my money's worth and will repeat if I have the chance.
Published 02/11/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?