Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Godraeb4: 1st time cruisers loved the Ruby Princess

Godraeb4
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

1st time cruisers loved the Ruby Princess

Sail Date: January 2013

Embarkation: Since we've never cruised before, we were unsure how this would go, but we were pleasantly surprised at how smooth this went. We got there before 11a and we would definately do that again. The line was short! I know that the waiting/checkin area is under construction, but it was still smooth. You know that huge blue wall behind the checkin staff? I think they should paint a murel that includes all their ports of call. Wouldn't that be beautiful?

The ship: Gorgeous! The Piazza was beautiful,the theater was fantastic, etc. I thought the room decor was a little dull, but I supposed it needs to be easy to clean. I loved the Explorer Lounge. That was my fav place to hang out and watch a show. I love the coziness of it. Movies under the Stars was fun! Lots of great movies. I really liked the Wake Show in the morning. It was very imformative for us newbies!

Food: We ate at the buffets a lot and those were always good. They made everyone use sanitizer before More entering and that must have helped because I didn't hear of anyone getting sick. Michelangelo restaurant was yummy!

Service: FANTASTIC!!!! Our room steward, Lombardo, was always around, knew our names after the 1st day, and always waved & said "Hi" even if he was way down the hall. He even offered to get me an ice pack for an ankle injury. Loved him! The whole staff in the buffet areas were amazing!!! We got to know them pretty well & they were always happy to see us and we were happy to see them too. Elizabeth in the Explorer's Lounge was one of our favs. Such an amazing attitude! The staff works long, hard hours for us & it didn't go unnoticed! Cruise Directors Sam & Toby were the best!!!! They were everywhere! Always friendly, funny, and happy! Do they ever sleep?????

Ports: We loved them all! The weather was great, it was fun to talk to the locals, & we like seeing so many new places! The time goes so fast that we didn't get to do everything we wanted to, but we'll just have to go back!

Entertainment: Where do they find these talented people? The singers & dancers are crazy good!! The comedians were fun & the magician was great too! I really liked the unique "street" performers in the Piazza--balancing duo, the bartenders, steel drum players.

Disembarking: Easy & no problem! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald Deck B343

Big closet, great balcony, quiet, small bathroom

Snorkeling

(5.5)
Snorkel & stingray along the reef! Fabulous! The water here is especially amazing. I want to explore more of the island next time.

Great food! Great vibe! Rocky beach, but beautiful!

My favorite!!! Loved the shops & restaurants along the beach

I loved it! I want to explore more next time. Zora's handmade store is nice! The guys standing on the street corner trying to get you to join a travel destination company is annoying!!
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews