Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Godraeb4

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
1st time cruisers loved the Ruby Princess
Embarkation: Since we've never cruised before, we were unsure how this would go, but we were pleasantly surprised at how smooth this went. We got there before 11a and we would definately do that again. The line was short! I know that the waiting/checkin area is under construction, but it was still smooth. You know that huge blue wall behind the checkin staff? I think they should paint a murel that includes all their ports of call. Wouldn't that be beautiful?

The ship: Gorgeous! The Piazza was beautiful,the theater was fantastic, etc. I thought the room decor was a little dull, but I supposed it needs to be easy to clean. I loved the Explorer Lounge. That was my fav place to hang out and watch a show. I love the coziness of it. Movies under the Stars was fun! Lots of great movies. I really liked the Wake Show in the morning. It was very imformative for us newbies!

Food: We ate at the buffets a lot and those were always good. They made everyone use sanitizer before entering and that must have helped because I didn't hear of anyone getting sick. Michelangelo restaurant was yummy!

Service: FANTASTIC!!!! Our room steward, Lombardo, was always around, knew our names after the 1st day, and always waved & said "Hi" even if he was way down the hall. He even offered to get me an ice pack for an ankle injury. Loved him! The whole staff in the buffet areas were amazing!!! We got to know them pretty well & they were always happy to see us and we were happy to see them too. Elizabeth in the Explorer's Lounge was one of our favs. Such an amazing attitude! The staff works long, hard hours for us & it didn't go unnoticed! Cruise Directors Sam & Toby were the best!!!! They were everywhere! Always friendly, funny, and happy! Do they ever sleep?????

Ports: We loved them all! The weather was great, it was fun to talk to the locals, & we like seeing so many new places! The time goes so fast that we didn't get to do everything we wanted to, but we'll just have to go back!

Entertainment: Where do they find these talented people? The singers & dancers are crazy good!! The comedians were fun & the magician was great too! I really liked the unique "street" performers in the Piazza--balancing duo, the bartenders, steel drum players.

Disembarking: Easy & no problem!

Publication Date: 02/11/13