Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by demaree99: Norwegian Epic

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Southern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Epic

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I don't understand all the negative reviews about the Norwegian Epic. Sometimes when you read them and compare it to others, it's like they were on two separate boats !!!! " I had to wait for elevators "........" I had to wait in lines "......."My Internet didn't work at 4G speeds"...."I didn't like my toilet or shower"......" there was too many kids and the music was loud"...I suggest these people get their own private yacht so "they" don't have to bothered by "other" people trying to have a good time just like they are.

Okay, the food was a 5, good, but not spectacular. If you go hungry, there is nothing any crew member can do to help you with that problem. Don't like what you ordered or had at the buffet, then order something else or don't pick that item again when you go through the line. It's common sense people....The Le Bistro has a 3 lane bowling alley right above it and you know that as soon as you sit down. The Manhattan Room has a super loud band that plays there More and was very happy when they went on break !!! Had no problem with getting lost in this massive ship, there are interactive maps located everywhere to tell you where you need to go. Wow, what a "new" concept they came up with !! I wonder if any of these people have ever been to New York City and tried to find their way around in 6 days !!!! If you can't work a map then stay home.

Went to every show and enjoyed all of them and was easy getting in and out of the theaters. Here's a suggestion, if you don't like the show, rise from your chair and walk out.

The cabin was one of the nicest cabins I've ever been in, style, clean, storage and awesome cabin service. If something wasn't right in their cabin did they bother to pick up the phone or rather just complain about the spots on the windows. The cabins have sliding doors so you can leave the whole back of your room open and hear the ocean blowing by. My wife and I had the door open 90% of the time.

The staff was friendly but I have to admit that most of the time they didn't go out of the way to make it perfect. The water park and top deck are HUGE and had no problem getting a chair that was in or out of the sun. There are at least 10 different areas to go to. My wife got a drink card (highly suggest doing so) and I brought drinks aboard when I got on the boat.

I'm a smoker and the other 4 people in our party were not and nobody had a problem with the smoke in any areas of the ship. I found it to be very smoke friendly and the areas are well marked for " both " of the groups.

What I can't believe is no one else has commented on how smooth this massive ship is ! we were in 8 to 10 ft seas and the boat hardly moved. On and off were what I would consider "easy". Remember, there are 4100 people trying to exit and enter through 2 doors.....not rocket science to figure that one out. All in all we had a wonderful time and it is what you make it just like any vacation. Compare reviews and look for an " average " and make the best of your decision and enjoy !!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12082

City Tour

(5)
Very interesting and a great way to pass the 5 hours before our flight. Took the bags off the boat and gave to them and never touched them again till we were dropped at the curb at the airport.

Very nice island and awesome time at Maho Beach. The jets land right over top and you can view them on YouTube to see what you will get.

Went to a resort and beach to spend the day and came back for some shopping
Read 2332 St. Thomas Reviews