Carnival Dream Cruise Review by bthebarretts

Cabin Category: 6N
Member Rating   Not Rated
        13-15 4.0

Great week
We are a family of 5 ( 3 children ages 13,11, and 8). I thought our trip was well worth the money. We flew in the day before and stayed in cocoa beach at the International Palms resort. I booked 2 rooms for $60 each!!! that's a great price,the hotel has a lovely swimming pool that is heated.

We arrived at the port at 11am and we were on the ship by 11:25. We did not purchase the faster to fun program. We had a family room that slept five and loved it. It was much better than I had expected. Having 2 bathrooms (but 1 toilet)made it easier to get ready.

My oldest child participated in the youth programs and loved it. My 11 and 8 yo only tried it for an hour and did not want to return the the children activities.

We purchased the cheers program and will probably do it again in the future. I think they could use more bartenders. Usually only saw 1 or 2 behind the counter with many people waiting for drinks. I did not find the bartenders friendly, just overworked.

We meet wonderful people through cruise critic by signing onto the roll calls. We enjoyed a cabin your and a very fun game called LRC with dice.

I booked my activities on my own for Cozumel and Costa maya. In cozumel we went to playa palancar by taxi. $20 each way, beautiful beach!!! In costa maya I had reserved chairs at Tropicainte.You need to reserve on line through their web site(no cost). The taxi there was $2 per person. The beach was nice, but found a few pieces of trash in water and in the bathrooms you must put toilet paper in the trash can. That makes me wonder where does the toilet water empty into?

We decided not to get off the ship in Belize.

Overall I will definitely sail again with carnival.

Publication Date: 02/11/13