Disney Dream Cruise Review by Spiffgirl101

Entertainment 5+
        3-6 3.0

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream - our first cruise
We were a little unsure of how our first cruise would go, even after reading as much as we could. We had a great time! I will try to touch on: Dining, Oceaneer's Club, Service and Entertainment.

First - the dining was excellent! The food was really good. Our servers Adolfo and Kate were very efficient. There were a few times where you could see how busy they were, but they still took the time to interact with us and make us comfortable. The only thing we would even say that would be close to a criticism is that they were so busy there was one night we didn't get coffee with our dessert, but other than that it was great! Our son even managed to eat there 3 out of the 4 nights without getting too fussy.

The Oceaneer's Club is a neat concept. We went to the Open Houses the first night and the next morning, and thought our son might enjoy it. When we dropped him off though, he found it too crowded and did not want to stay. Our Wave phone wasn't working properly, so he stayed for the whole time we were at dinner, and we picked him up right after we were done. I think the gap between 3 and 10 is too big, and the rooms are way too crowded. They need to come up with a better system so the shy/quiet kids don't get too overwhelmed to stay there.

The service was really good. The ship was very clean. I don't think I saw any litter on the ship, and if I did, it was cleaned up very quickly by staff. The public bathrooms were always being cleaned up and there was never a lack of toilet paper. Our cabin steward/housekeeper Sri was excellent. She knew us by sight the first time she saw us, and always had a smile for us, even though I am sure her hours are long. I loved the towel animals and chocolates on our bed each night.

The entertainment was great! We skipped the first show of Villains only because our son was too overwhelmed by the first day, but went to the Golden Mickeys and Believe and they were both excellent shows. The movie theater was really nice as well. We went to watch Finding Nemo in 3D and enjoyed it until our son had a meltdown and we needed to leave for him to have a nap.

We are not crowd people and Deck 11 where the pools/funnel vision etc were was always very crowded. We did spend time there and enjoyed the ice cream cones and Luigi's Pizza and Towmater's Grill/Filmore's Favorites. When we needed some quiet time we went to Deck 4 and enjoyed walking around the walking track or sitting on the lounge chairs there.

I recommend a watch (I always wear one and it came in handy with all the schedules for Character greetings etc.) I also recommend bringing refillable cups as it can be a long walk to the refillable drink machine on Deck 11 all the time, especially on hot days.

Publication Date: 02/11/13