Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Ms.T: Good New Years Eve 2012/13 cruise thanks to Serenity Area!

Ms.T
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Western Caribbean Cruises

Good New Years Eve 2012/13 cruise thanks to Serenity Area!

Sail Date: December 2012

I cruised with a girlfriend for New Years Eve 2013. Chose Carnival Magination mainly because of the dates of our availability. My first time cruise with Carnival, have cruised with RCC before both in Europe & the Caribbean. I am not opposed to a fun cruise, as what I've been reading on reviews. Check in was amazingly breezy, was one of the first passengers walking in. Walked around to orient myself & had brunch at the Lido Deck while waiting for my friend from Canada to check in. We had an Oceanview stateroom in level 7. It was ready by 1pm & was suprisngly roomy with the narrow twin beds. The bathroom is clean & spacious.

I loved the party fun atmosphere as we went on sail. I've never seen so many silicons & botox at one place at a time. The crowd is youngish, family with little children, some grandparents in tow. I'm estimating maybe 1/3 are N Americans, 1/2 the crowd are S.Americans & a minimal number of Europeans, like me & Asians. On the Key West, Cozumel cruise starting More in Miami for 5 days for NYE

Pros
Easy going atmosphere, casual clothing
Fun factor is the music at the Lido deck (while having lunch). Food was alright, smaller selection & more on the basic side. Dessert was a pretty sight but not tasty. I liked the soda station where you can serve yourself from the spender & not ready for grabs. MDR was better food. Our waiting staff were excellent! Angel, Wayan? Indonesian waiter & asst. were all friendly & efficient.
Short entertainment programs like comedy shows, karaoke
Sweet escape at the Serenity Area, squealing kids free area.

Cons
Depressing sight of hardworking tired looking people who are finally going on vacation with the entire family (grandparents, parents & grandchildren) don't get me wrong, I love kins.
Service personnel aren't as friendly as other cruise ships. Small pool.

The saving factor for me is the Serenity Area where I could watch the ocean & hear not much but just mild chattering from other passengers. I have 2 kids of my own, I always welcome some "me" peace time. I might consider going on the Carnival Breeze because its a newer ship, otherwise I'd try Celebrity cruise ships next time. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Oceanview Riviera

First port was Key West. We were only there in the morning for until 12:30 so we just walked around the town, checked the small shoos & sat for a while at a small beach area. Cozumel Port is new & clean. We shared a taxi with some other passengers, it was 18$ for the 2 of us to go to the beach. No entrance fee, we ordered nachos with guacamole & mojitos at the Paradise beach. Beach was ok, beige in color, we didn't want to go further.
Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews