Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Rose Willington

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Rose Willington
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: Rose Willington
Cruise Date: May 2005
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Radiance of the Seas - Alaska

We sailed with The Radiance of the Seas on her first trip to Alaska this year in May 2005 from Vancouver . It was my first time on a cruise ship. I was amazed by the sheer luxury and beauty of the ship itself and the tireless efforts of the staff to make sure that everybody on board had a great time.

I had looked on the net at other cruises on offer and I made my choice ultimately by reading reviews that other travellers had written. I feel that I made a great choice and I will certainly be looking to go again with this company in the future.

We had an inside cabin and as we spent very little time in the cabin it did not matter that there was no window. The ship is full of wonderful decks, cafes,  bars, etc. I saw people on the dock boarding that I did not see again for the rest of the trip. It is like a miniature city catering for all tastes, lifestyles and age groups (kids right thru to elderly).

The food was good, salmon, service and variety were excellent. Our cabin girl was wonderful and ever present. Did she ever rest?

The docking time in ports was about twelve hours and this could have been longer but it gives you a taste of what is on offer. We had wonderful weather, blue skies and only one day of rain. The highlight for us was the hours spent at the Hubbard Glacier. Magnificent! It was a little early in the season for the whale sightings were few. However, so many snow covered peaks and beautiful views that kept us awe-inspired for hours on the great and many viewing decks within the ship.

I had to visit the ship medical centre with a flu and also I can attest that people are very well taken care of by the medical staff. I highly recommend the Radiance of The Seas.

Publication Date: 06/25/05