Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by aleeoop

Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Number: C1017
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity-Silhouette Holy Land
I was very disappointed in the Holy Land cruise on November 17, 2012. We never reached Israel due to fighting there. This could be understandable except they repeatedly said there would be no problem 2 weeks before the cruise and while we were sailing to Ashdod. They continually lied to us up until the day we were to arrive.

The food was fine except at one meal we found a piece of dental floss was found and my sister's steak was bleeding. The dessert menu was basically the same except they changed toppings each evening. I was creme bruleed out! I have written and spoken to their representative and was given the "I am sorry" routine. I, also, am sorry...sorry that I trusted them. Although I am a Diamond member the treatment was abhorrent. We paid a minimal amount to be upgraded to a concierge cabin which we thought was great. The waiters and bus boys were very pleasant and tried very much to please us. Their super buffet was fabulous.

The casino was very generous and treated 3 of us to the Tuscan Grill which had amazing food and wonderful service.

All in all, we don't think that we will sail with Celebrity again due to their lack of concern for NOT spending at least one day in Israel but were able to spend 2 nights in Egypt where there were continued rioting.

Publication Date: 02/10/13