Carnival Glory Cruise Review by raggedyann6

Member Name: raggedyann6
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 4G

Great Staff
We were a group of 5 girlfriends cruising together in 2 inside cabins on the Lido deck Jan 27-Feb 3 2013. We got to the POM around 1:00 and onboard around 1:45 very easy check in. Since 4 of us walked our bags onboard we went right to our cabins and unpacked. I did not meet our cabin steward til the 2nd or 3rd day but our cabin was always clean and loved our towel animals every night. I liked being in a cabin on Lido it is close to everything. I do wish Carnival did not make announcements all the time I was always awakened in the mornings by them. The halls were kind of noisy with the staff vacuuming early and the clinking of glasses. Guess if we went to bed before 3 am it would not have been so bad LOL

This was the 1st time in the time on the 5 Carnival cruises I have been on that I did anytime dining. We liked it since we never had to rush to get ready at a certain time. We had to wait an hour one night to get seated at the waiter Chandra's table but if we had not had 7 in our party and not cared what table we sat at I am sure the wait would not have been more than 20 minutes. We loved Chandra he took great care of us and was always smiling and took time to talk to us every night.

I never had a bad meal at dinner in The Golden Restaurant. The hot soups were always really good and served very hot, the chicken, and fish dishes were all very good. One night I ordered the seafood Newberg and it came with 3 mussels but only 1 had a mussel in the shell, I asked for a few more if possible. Five minutes later the assistant waiter brought me a bowl with 15 mussels all with a big mussel inside everyone of them! The meat dishes my friends ordered were just OK they said not that great. I ordered the salmon a few nights and it was always cooked well. The desserts were the only disappointment, on prior cruises I always ordered the chocolate melting cake and another dessert, but the choices were not as good this time. I did order the fresh fruit plate several times, a big slice of pineapple, a whole Kiwi, a strawberry, and grapes, all nice and ripe.

I went to the omelet station a few times for breakfast never waiting more than a few minutes.The Guy Burger Bar was really good, Good burgers,great fat seasoned fries. My friends liked the taco bar. At lunch on sea days I got smoked salmon and fresh mozzarella cheese at the deli. The staff in the Lido buffet were constantly cleaning plates from the tables making sure everything was clean. I asked for honey for my tea and 3 minutes later I was brought little cup with a good amount of honey, great service!

I do miss the live Caribbean band that usually plays at sail away and sea days. They replaced them with a DJ. The DJ did play good music though. They cut down on the staff for the shows but the ones they did have signing and dancing were pretty good. We went to a few late night comedy shows and they were fairly funny but not the best I have seen. We went to the White Heat dance club most nights and had a lot of fun. I really do wish they would make the dance club non smoking or at least ventilate it better it was soooo smokey.

We liked all the ports and never booked any excursions through the ship. We hired a private driver in St Thomas that I booked a month before our trip. He took us to 3 beaches and a tour around the island. We just walked around town and went to Junkanoo Beach in Nassau. Walked to El Moro in San Juan , shopped some and had some drinks by the pier. Grand Turks we went snorkeling with Blue Water Divers which was fun.

We had a 5 pm flight home so we did not get off the ship until around 10:30, and were in a cab to Bayside in 10 minutes from getting off the ship and took a boat tour for 1 1/2 hrs which is a good way to kill some time. Unfortunately 4 of the 5 of us came down with bad colds. I started coughing on Friday evening and Sat I was very tired, achy, had a low grade fever so I pretty much stayed in my cabin. The other 3 of my friends got the same thing the day after we got home. Not the cruise ships fault the flu is going around. We met some really fun people on the cruise and think for the money you can't beat Carnival.

Publication Date: 02/10/13