“Pleasantly Suprised”

havingfun488
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I went on the Crown Princess for our 5th Anniversary. We have always traveled with Carnival in the past and was hoping for an experience with less children. I was pleasantly surprised to find out there were less than 30 children onboard the ship and it was at full capacity. Embarkation was a nice and calm experience and I never once felt like we were being herded like cattle and I must say the easiest disembarkation yet. The International Cafe was a great place to sit and have a light snack, cocktails, or coffee throughout the day and had small segments of live entertainment throughout the day. The chicken salad is a must try!!!! The dining on the ship for the most part was pleasant and tasty. The fish and chips from the wheelhouse bar was excellent and the food in the dining room was well prepared and had a good variety. The buffet was not my favorite. The milk and juice in the morning was brought by the waitstaff instead of self serve and was always at room temperature. I got ice for the juice but do not prefer ice in my morning milk. The other complaint that I have regarding the buffet is that the food never really seemed hot and was luke warm (even the soup)at best. The ship was well appointed with all types of activities from flash mob and line dancing to pop choir and bingo. The pool was never overcrowded and the staff was extremely friendly and would remember your name and always ask how you were doing. Our room was nice for an inside stateroom, we always get an inside room because we are rarely in our rooms while on the ship. Nice closet and storage space. The toilet would leak water after having been flushed but I kept a towel on the floor and the amount of water was very minimal. This cruise was really nice and we had a great time and totally enjoyed the "middle aged" crowd that was nice, well mannered, and pleasant.
Crown Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

I was sad, scared and disappointed with Belize. It was really dirty and constant harassment from the locals trying to get you into a taxi. Trash lined the city streets and the locals were not very friendly, even the ones trying to sell you something. I'm not sure I will ever have the desire to go back to belize again.
Read 2,062 Belize City Reviews
Port
it was raining in Cozumel while we were in port so we only went to the duty free shops for a few minutes and then right back to the ship.
Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Roatan was an amazing little island that was full of fun locals. We rented a car for $50 and headed down to West End and laid on the beach and watched the snorklers and divers. After a few hours we had lunch in one of the cafe's and we had 3 lobster tails with drawn butter, rice pilaf, and the best onion rings I've ever eaten (the owners were originally from Texas). I have to say this was one of the best ports of call I've ever been in and look forward to many more visits to Roatan.
Read 2,205 Roatan Reviews
Published 02/10/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Crown Princess Review
Crown Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?