Carnival Victory Cruise Review by jofred: Big Disappointment

Big Disappointment

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was our 8th cruise with Carnival. We noticed big cutbacks on activities, shows and anemities. Our cabin steward needed drug testing, the guy was weird, but his assistant was terrific. We normally pay a few bucks the first night for extra ice at night- never saw it. No tolietries in the room as previous trips. We asked several times for a morning room menu- he'd say OK but never saw it until I went down the hall to another guy who gave me enough for the rest of the trip. We really like Carnival but this cruise felt all wrong. The morale of the wait staff and beverage servers was real low. We heard alot of them tell guests- "not my fault" "not me". In 7 nights we had one great waiter at our "anytime" dining. Food was good-but typical Carnival. Great Cruise Director "Goose' and then Emma the Carnival's ray of sunshine from the funcrew.
Overall the ships Rivera and main deck had a bad smell- ?carpet chemicals or something. Our cabin was clean- but that room steward More was something else. This was a re-positioning cruise so I wonder if that was part of it but still no reason for poor customer treatment. Many people we chatted with felt that Carnival indeed has slipped alot. The return guest reception was horrific- sweet drink and a cold hunk of looked like pizza.

We just felt all wrong about this cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>