Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by rusty355f1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by rusty355f1
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: rusty355f1
Cruise Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Refection is all that she should be!
My husband and I have been cruising for some time and we take about two cruisers a year. We have used Celebrity several times now, enough to be elite members but mostly because of the solstice class and because dollar for dollar they can't be beat. We have sailed on everything from Costa to Silversea and in my judgement Celebrity tries very hard to please. Now a little information on my cruise from the port of Miami.

Day 1: We got to the port at about 2:00 so there were no lines to speak of were in a suite so it would have not been that big a deal anyway. As with any first day there seemed to be a little confusion and crowds but it soon settled down my only complaint about check in is they keep the terminal at fridge temperatures its like being in a meat locker, I have no idea why, and the poor staff were shivering. Our room was ready and this is the third time I have booked the Royal Suite because I'm spoiled after the first time. The husband is not so happy with this but what can I say.

The ship is beautiful and easy to get around. We never eat in the dinning room for dinner so I can't comment on that. We ate once in Murano very nice but I cant figure out why they say, and this goes for all the specialty restaurants that they are full when in my view they look empty except for Qusine. We also ate at Tuscany one night and it seemed to have a much more limited menu than Silhouette and the food it was just OK. My best experience came at The Lawn Club Grill it was a beautiful night in the port of San Juan and Jordon the manager made our experience so fun and special. The rest of the time we ate in Blu. Some nights the service and food was great others not so much.

Shows are not our thing as we seem to spend most nights in the casino which was well equipped except for the poker machines that seemed few and far between and old. The casino staff are very nice they made the experience fun!

Itinerary: I would say going to San Juan in the middle of the afternoon is not a great idea, I'm not really interested in the night life of San Juan so that was a waste. The other ports were nice but not enough of them I think three days at sea on a seven day cruise is a bit much so I would not choose this itinerary again.

In all it was a great cruise we had a good time and it was made especially great thanks to my butler (lucky to have one) Cesar He made my every wish come true he never ceased to amaze me with his wonderful service. Also would like to mention my stewardess Annie second time sailing with her and she is a real joy!

My only suggestion it that this cruise and all for that matter get rid of the formal nights it makes for a lot of packing and everyone dose not dress formal anyway.

Publication Date: 02/09/13