Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by kwar: Seranade of the Sea - Barcelona/Dubai

kwar
Member Since 2008

Embarkation Not Rated

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Middle East Cruises

Seranade of the Sea - Barcelona/Dubai

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Barcelona

Embarkation was wonderful compared to the nightmare in Dubai trying to get passports to get off the ship. Waiting in line 1.5 hours, which didn't matter as we were only going to a hotel. That needs to be addressed.

Cabin: the rounded corners on the bed were not good for my husband as he is 6'4" and his feet hung off. Cabin Stewart fine, not best, irratated me after 21 days and he said he was here to make us happy, didn't say that on day one, but extra tip day was coming. Bathrooms should be condemned. If you dropped anything in shower, you had to open the door to bend down to get it, and forget washing your feet without opening the door. You could sit on toilet brush your teeth in sink

Food and Dining: Dining room waiters wonderful once we got our My Time Dining schedule and table settled, it is more like Their Schedule dining, but it worked out. Food okay, a few good dishes, no lobster tails, surf and turf was shrimp. Desserts nothing special, only one More souffle in 24 days and no baked alaska. Windjammer food was never hot or warm, just the soup. Bacon in a.m right when they opened was cool and egg omlette maker was pathetic. Asked for eggs over easy one day the 3rd attempt, I said never mind. Wine package minimum is 5 bottles which is too much for 10 days if only one drinks wine, should be addressed. Drinks with added tax on first leg of trip were 11.88 a piece. Crazy, I had one in 10 days.

They should also address laundry needs for people on extended cruises, instead of $25 for wash and bundle, which was sad. More wrinkled then when they went in to be washed. And what is that mystery stuff they put in the dispenser in the shower that is suppose to wash hair, condition, wash body, bring on the bottles of shampoo and conditioner. And where are the chocolates on the pillow? Seems everything with RCCL has a price attached. Free Lattee, etc in Chops yet in Giovanni's I was charged for it. Regular dining menu shows selections with small print there is a charge????

Would I take RCCL again, yes if they had the itinierary I was looking for, but needs to improve and not just cater to their "special category" passengers, because they won't get many new ones if the others aren't looked after better. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 9248

Great place to start a cruise go in early and explore