Carnival Pride Cruise Review by ohiocruise7: 7 night winter cruise

7 night winter cruise

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Carnival Pride January 27th- Feb 3rd review. We are from Columbus Ohio and four of us went on this cruise. I went with my wife and we are both 25, and my mother and her boyfriend. I had reservations about leaving from Baltimore in the middle of winter. I had concerns such as would there be enough to do in and outside of the ship due to the cold weather? However, my concerns dissipated because the cruise was amazing and the cold weather did not negatively impact the cruise.
First off, we arrived in Baltimore the Sunday before super bowl Sunday. There was excitement in the air, and the whole city seemed to feel the excitement. We stayed at the best western and chose to do the park and cruise package. This worked out very conveniently for us. This is our third cruise, and our first with Carnival. Basically, there wasn't much difference between the Carnival and Royal Caribbean. To state differences would really be to nit-pick. One could state small, minute differences but nothing of More magnitude.
Embarkation- It wasn't terrible, but was not the fastest. They line us up in seats after we got through customs and we had to wait about a half hour before boarding started. Once on board it was the usual buffet experience until our rooms were ready. We ate and then went straight down to our rooms and the room was ready for us. The rooms were very nice and are somewhat larger than other cruise lines that I have been on. By the way the room steward I had on the 7th floor was amazing. Best room steward I have ever had, he just seemed to be a good guy and made me feel comfortable. He always remembers our names throughout the cruise.
The Ship- This ship was amazing. We all loved the design of this ship and thought it was beautiful. Other ships we have been on just seemed to be ships, but this particular ship had an addition in that it was extremely decorated throughout. Every room has statues or artwork incorporated into the layout and theme. I had read negative reviews about this issue. However, I did not meet anyone that felt negative about the decor on the cruise. There was an enclosed pool that seemed to be warm on the colder Baltimore days. All of the hot tubs are larger than the hot tubs I have seen on other cruise ships, along with the pools.
The food- I definitely believe that the food in this cruise was better than that of my last Royal Caribbean food. Normally I hate eating at the pizza places on these ships. However, the Carnival Pride pizzeria had good food. Also, other ships close theirs down but carnival had theirs open all night long. My mother went to David's Stake house and loved the whole "experience." She said that they give you crazy huge portions, so be prepared for that. Overall food was very good.
Entertainment- This is what I liked about the Pride. When I go on cruises one of my main things for me is the shows and entertainment. This ship did very well on the shows. Normally I skip the singing and dancing shows, but the pride had some entertaining ones such as the tribute to rock. This ship has a separate comedy rooms for their comedians. Every night there was generally three or four separate shows in the butterfly comedy club. They would have two comedians on a ship, and then they would get off and two more would get on. This way we would get new comedians with new material. These comedians were high level comedians. We loved butterflies and the comedians whom performed in it. This ship also had better entertainment then other royal Caribbean cruises I have been on, due to the quality and number of comedians onboard.
The negatives- I really hate to say this, but the only negative I had on the cruise was the cruise director and assistant cruise director. On other cruise ships I have been on the cruise director was the party starter. However, this cruise director didn't get anyone hyped or even party once. He just talked in a monotone and walked around in a tuxedo. The assistant cruise director would never even smile. He seemed to constantly be bored and hate his life. It was very interesting to us. We would just wonder how these people could ever have received their jobs. Out of all the wonderful employees on the ship they decided to give the only two people who aren't happy and excited the cruise director position. This does not derail us from the Carnival pride though. I'm sure we will be on this ship in the future.
Overall I give this ship a 4.5/5 Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7301

Cabin was great. Room steward the best I have ever had

Not much time here, went to straw market
Read 771 Freeport Reviews