“Christmas at Sea”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I booked a Christmas cruise this past December on Hollan America's Eurodam for my son & I along with his girlfriends family. Although I love cruising, I was a bit sceptical that HAL would offer much to our 3 young adults that were travelling with us, how wrong I was. In November I had been on a Princess cruise and to be honest HAL far surpassed that cruise in many ways. If there is anything that I didn't particularly like about the Eurodam it was just that I found the ship a bit closed in and dark, I however I understand that there are many who like that look and feel. I tend to prefer the more open feel of the Royal Caribbean ships. However, I did love the cabin layouts on HAL, it was by far the best cabin I have ever been in. It was the largest, the most storage ever, and a full bathroom. The other liners should take note. The entertainment was also amazing, the best I have seen in several cruises. The Eurodam's food was beyond 5*, it was always perfect, and the waiters were excellent. We chose to do anytime dining, and other than Christmas evening we didn't have reservations, and never had a problem getting a table for the 6 of us. We never had to wait and usually were seated in or around the same area. I would book on HAL again with no reservations as this was an excellent cruise. I met a lot of lovely people through out my week and had a wonderful Christmas vacation.
Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Rates
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Fort Lauderdale was great. We stayed the day before and did some pre cruise shopping at the Galleria Mall. My son and I took the local bus from our hotel to the mall, it ran along the beach, so we were able to take in the sights along the way. The bus drivers were very helpful in making sure we didn't get lost! We wanted to try the buses instead of taxi's just for the fun of it, we talked to locals on the bus, and actually had a fun day. Our hotel was Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Ports. It was clean and nice. They provided breakfast in the morning and a shuttle to the ship in the morning as well. It was full of cruisers, so seemed to be a popular spot.
Published 02/09/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Eurodam Review
Eurodam Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?