Crown Princess Cruise Review by cruisologist: The Fog Was Not The Issue, it was the whole boring cruise.

cruisologist
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

The Fog Was Not The Issue, it was the whole boring cruise.

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

We had high hopes for our Princess cruise. It did not take very long for them to start screwing it up. Our first purchase was the soda package. I love Diet Sprite and that is what I remarked to the seller. I do not drink caffeine. The sticker they put on my card was the Sprite sticker. I go to a bar to get a Diet Sprite and I am informed that Diet Sprite is not in the soda package. I will have to pay full price for diet sprit....Then why did I get sold a package I have no use for? At that point the Customer service desk hit an all time low. Condescending, Smug, rude, uppity, and mean. This was still early on the first night. After having to go through hell, I got a refund.

The welcome aboard show was the worst excuse of a show that I have ever witnessed. There was no show. It was one big giant sales pitch of crap to spend your money on. There was no show.

The ships entertainment shows were short. Barely thirty minutes. The entertainment brought on board More were jugglers you would hire for a childrens birthday party. Lame. The trivia games were few and far between and crowded. People were desperate for activities that did not revolve around music. Our fun was the Movies Under The Stars. After 40 cruises, this one was one I will not do again.

The food was very European. I was never in my life so sick and tired of seeing Pork everyday. One day we were greeted by a whole pig laying out looking like a sunburned baby. Then they start slicing it from the butt and I decided pizza would be a better choice. I did not hate the food, nor did I like it.

My room steward was a bright spot. Very Kind. Everything was great.

The Cruise director is probably a very nice person, but she is not funny. The entertainment on the Crown Princess was really amateurish. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja

Ninth deck balcony room. Actually we got an upgrade and moved to deck 7 with an extended balcony.

We went to the zoo and it was wonderful.

Island Tour

(4)
Scoot-Coups Island tour. It was fun.

We took the tram several times to get good pictures. Roatan is really making great progress.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews