Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Andiamo Subito

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Andiamo Subito
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Andiamo Subito
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Miracle NYC to Bahamas
Took the Miracle out of NYC on an 8 night cruise to Orlando/Nassau/Freeport on January 25, 2013. Easy embarkation, very organized. Overall we found the ship to be very clean and neat. We felt Carnival was very cheap with food; 2000+ people taking off on a ship are going to be hungry; they were making personal size pizzas one at a time as we sailed down the Hudson. At 4 p.m., you can expect passengers are going to be hungry.

We had an balcony cabin mid ship; plenty of storage space, ample room in closets, shelves in bathroom. We were comfortable.

Dinner in the Bacchus dining room (we had early seating) was very good. There was enough variety to choose from every night. The brunch menu was a bit weak; we enjoyed lunch more on Deck 9 where they had a deli offering, a pizza/Italian offering, an Asian buffet, and a dessert bar too. We had room service for breakfast every morning; yogurt, cold cereal, fresh fruit, and coffee (we kept it as healthy and fairly light as possible). Most times the breakfast room service was missing something on the tray (one day silverware, one day coffee cups, one day wrong coffee order...). All in all, I felt Carnival was skimping on food and access to it. Most buffets on Deck 9 were closed for the most part in the evening not opening until 11:30 p.m. If you were hungry prior to that, a limited room service menu was your only answer.

Our cabin steward was a great guy. He worked very hard to ensure we had the extra few items we asked for (extra towels and fresh ice). Plus he made great towel animals :)

Several folks on the trip complained there wasn't enough to do; we didn't seem to find that to be a problem but then again we didn't have an expectation to be constantly entertained by Carnival. We saw most of the shows. We skipped the "Legends" show which is made up of passengers playing roles of Madonna, Elvis, etc. Our expectation here was that Carnival should be hiring professionals to entertain us; not passengers so we skipped that show.

Obviously Carnival couldn't control the weather. I thought it odd some folks blamed Carnival for a rocky ride home and closing off outside decks. The winds were 50+ MPH on the last full day at sea... hello???? I wore a patch; didn't get sick and I'm usually very queazy.

The TV in the room was a little too high to the ceiling, making it a bit uncomfortable. Bed was comfortable; couch not-so-much. Still room was very clean at all times.

Casino was pretty good; well lit, pretty roomy, and the smoke was annoying but not too bad. I was able to tolerate it enough to play at the 3-Card Poker Table and did well. I didn't play $1/2 No Limit poker although I was tempted. I thought the rake was too high but better than the casino's riiculous cut for the poker tournament ($150 buy in) which I ruled out completely.

Lots of drinking going on; I had two glasses of wine the entire trip at dinner; I thought the price of wine was very reasonable. One could really ring up a big bar bill since there's alcohol available EVERYWHERE and waiters happy to bring you all kinds of concoctions! :)

Corey the Cruise Director was funny; really enjoyed his personality. Great guy!

Loved the wait staff's nightly dance during dinner in the Bacchus room! Some of those guys have moves!! :)

All in all, loved the ship. Was really pleased overall and would sail again on this ship.

Publication Date: 02/09/13