Western Caribbean on Celebrity Silhouette: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Calla Lily
Overall Member Rating
Western Caribbean on Celebrity Silhouette
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
1. The ship is new and the public areas are well kept especially the restrooms.
2. There is diversity, officers and crew members consist of different nationalities.
3. The Silhouette Theater shows were very good including the Illusionist and the late night Comedian.
1. The check-in counter during embarkation is very small and tight. One of us has to stay behind the other especially when signing documents. We were rubbing elbows with the people at the counters on both sides next to us.
2. We were greeted by our cabin attendant whose armpit (underarm) smelled bad and who knocked but unlocked the door even before my husband can answer the door.
3. The Oceanview Cafe (buffet) food selection was consistently awful everyday
with few selections, the breakfast danish and pastries were plain and More chewy.
4. The ice cream at the buffet was always melting everyday during the entire cruise.
5. Celebrity claims to be a "modern luxury" but the food in the main dining room Grand Cuvee were served in a plain cafeteria style ceramic plates. There were no fine china like HAL has and we did not see any single petal of flower either in the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) nor in the Grand Cuvee (main dining room). Flowers are better enjoyed when you are still living and not when you are already dead.
6. The food in the main dining room is moderate, the dessert selection is few and simple and the menu stays pretty much the same every day with a little variation during the last formal night.
7. The staff is unfriendly. They are so afraid to smile and look at you like they are doing you a very big favor. There say one thing but their body language says another. Example: A buffet Supervisor said to us one evening "hello" but his face was numbed and his eyes were somewhere else.
8. I complained about water coming down from the veranda above ours during one of our breakfasts on the veranda and nothing was done. The same incident happened twice and the ship did not do anything as a courtesy to let us know that they will be cleaning the veranda above us and we should look out for water to get to our veranda.
9. No room attendant should be coming in and out of guest staterooms if they have body odor. Regardless of culture, every crew especially the room attendants must maintain very good personal hygiene.
10. Most of the European crew members are arrogant and unfriendly.
11. The buffet is not well staffed. The staff is not attentive to making sure that the tables are immediately cleaned and cleared of used dishes ready for the next guests. On the second day, we heard people getting frustrated and complained. My husband went up to the Supervisor to let him know about the tables now being cleaned and taken cared of for the next guests to use and the Supervisor started avoiding getting eye to eye contact with my husband during the remainder of the 7-day cruise.
To summarize, we were unhappy with Celebrity Silhouette. Less
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review >>
Avoid spring break at all cost...
Good cruise despite some short...
Very Relaxing Week on the Silh...
Great Cruise, Great Food, Wond...
Good Ship = Good Times!