Carnival Pride Cruise Review by alh6912: Great Cruise to the Bahamas!

alh6912
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

Great Cruise to the Bahamas!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Overall I would say my experience with Carnival was amazing! I went with my husband, mother-in-law, and two sister-in-laws. We left in mid-January from Baltimore to Cape Canaveral Florida, Freeport Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas. There were so many amazing things to do on the ship! I gained 5 lbs from eating so much food! The food is delicious every night and you can eat as much as you want. Tea, Lemonade, water, coffee, and hot chocolate are always available on the Lido Deck for free! Also there is free ice cream all the time! Every night we had dinner at the Normandie Resturant and it was amazing food and great service. Our waiters were so awesome and sweet! They remembered our names and when we saw them at different times on the ship they always stopped to talk with us! Our room steward was awesome as well. He always left us towel animals and he brought us an ice bucket for our wine and kept it filled up the entire time we were there. Plus he left us a ton of chocolate every night! More =)
They have a ton of activities to participate in that are free. We played lots of games, like Scattergories and a picture taking scavenger hunt. There are shops to look in and there are really good sales on certain days. They have a small arcade that is kind of hidden, but if you are looking for it, you'll find it. Also, near the arcade is a small hallway where people don't go very often so it's a nice place sit and be alone. They have a gym that is usually pretty packed in the morning, but has an extra hot tub in it that doesn't usually have a lot of ppl in it as opposed to the other 3 hot tubs on the ship. However, the one night i got in the hot tub it was late and the water was not very hot. On the days it was warm enough for me to want to swim there were too many ppl in the pools so I just laid out in the sun. The comedy shows are hilarious so make sure you watch them. Their are family friendly show times as well.
I have only one complaint! I did not enjoy the shows they put on everynight. The dancing was good, but the overall show was super corny and the singers were not good! Also, there were a few outfits and dances that were too per vocative to me! It made me feel very uncomfortable. Also the overall decor of the ship was a Renascence theme so there were lots of painting of naked people all over the place. Two really big ones of a naked women pleasing herself and it was super weird.
Make sure when you first get on board go to the casino and get a lanyard for your sign and sail card. If you get board they have games to rent out in the library. Also if you want to play cards ask for a deck of cards at the main desk on deck 2 and they will give u a free deck to keep! If you want to get off the ship early and don't want to wait around. Just get off when they call for people with an early flight. We were in the first group of ppl to get off the ship and we drove to Baltimore. They don't ask or check anything they just swipe your card and let u leave.
Be prepared if you go to Freeport to have to spend at least 12 dollars a person for a taxi because there is nothing to do in freeport except a few shops. We tried to walk and the only things close by are industrial ports. Its 15 miles to the closest nice beach. But it is worth it to go to the nice beach. It was not overcrowded and it was absolutely beautiful. Nassau is the place to shop, the straw market has a lot of things to buy, but the people selling are a little pushy so be prepared. However, don't look too interested in buying because they will bargain with u if u want a lower price so even if u want it act like u dont.
Also when u are embarking, be prepared to be waiting a while in a very crowded room! That was also a negative, but a necessary evil.

Anyways overall an awesome experience and I would definately go again on Carnival Cruise Lines! =) Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7299

My husband and I stayed in Cabin 7299! It was amazing! We paid the same price as my mother-in-law for her cabin but ours was a lot bigger! We were comfortable and able to fit all 5 of the people we came with in there comfortably to play board games! Also the view was beautiful from our balcony. I think we just got lucky getting such an awesome room!

We got a taxi to a beach which was amazing!!! We paid 14 a person for the taxi which is a round trip group rate. But the beach was worth it. Beautiful, clean, and not crowded! loved it!
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

We just walked around in the shops a while and eventually caught a taxi to a beach. It was nice, but the beach wasn't super clean and the people at the market were a little too pushy.
Read 2625 Nassau Reviews

We rented a car and spent the day at Univeral, mostly at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was pretty awesome. Just make sure u give yourself enough time to get back to the ship. The shuttle to the rental place stopped running at 515 and we had to back on board by 530. Universal was an hour away so we left there at 330 to give ourselves plenty of time and it worked out well.