Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by garsny: NCL not for me

415 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

NCL not for me

Sail Date: January 2013

We flew into Fort Lauderdale, and spent the night in Miami. Stayed at Extended Stay Doral. It was a nice hotel.

Got to the ship about 11am.In the room by noon. That was smooth. There was nobody to help us, or direct us. I think it was a sign, of the customer service to come. Or not come.

The cabin was ok. Not as small as I thought it would be.

I didnt like the freestyle dining at all. We had to wait a few nights. One was about 30 minutes. I thought the food was a little bland. There were few choice. It also seemed almost like cafeteria food. Not much money spent on it. We ate dinner in La Cucina one night. There were service issues. We were ignored for 20 minutes. Ended up getting a bottle of champagne.

The shows were pretty basic. Also not a lot of money went into the sets.There were a few activities on board. I like the trivia.

I had been to all the ports before. Cozumel was my favorite.

We got off the ship around 930. Carried off our More own luggage.
I would not go on NCL again. You get whqat you pay for. It was to casual for me. It was not a true cruise experience. Also at least half the passengers were obese. It was like a feeding frenzy sometimes. Definitely too middle america. Less

Published 02/09/13

415 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X