This was my 12 Disney cruise, we are serious fans of Disney Cruise Line.
We generally have nothing to complain about on a Disney cruise - but this time was more than surprised at the general state of the ship, and the problems popping up every day.....
The service staff were excellent as usual. Some of the Live bands were well below standard. The theatre shows were, well, old.. seen the shows so many times before. They are simply not a patch on the shows on the Disney Fantasy.
The cinema sound is faulty, the sound surround channels are overpowering and there is next to no front dialogue channel at all. This we did report a number of time, but were smiled and nothing happened.
Here is what we found:
- Mold blackened wood around the stateroom bath door.
- Badly repaired toilet door with peeling paint.
- 'Water' squelching under the toilet floor tiles
- Considerable rust showing on stateroom balcony More
- Corridors blocked by engineers repairing leaks and electrical faults.
- Artwork missing from public area walls and not replaced.
- Damaged handrails that caught on clothing.
- Water leaks into bar areas.
- Ceiling panels missing or hanging damaged.
- Towel cupboards doors missing on the top decks, mostly replaced with hardboard.
- Spa corridors covered with towels to catch leaks from the ceiling.
- No hot water in the spa.
- No steam in the spa hot steam room.
- Not a single shower in the Spa had working temperature controls.
It is such a shame I cant upload the pictures of the problems !
I LOVE DISNEY -BUT IF THIS HAD OF BEEN MY FIRST CRUISE I WOULD NEVER GONE BACK
We didn't spend the week complaining, as we were on vacation.
Disney's guest communication department, on return, plodded out the standard, 'Thanks for your comments but go away...' which just added to the feeling of disappointment. All we wanted was an explanation and assurance it wold not happen again. We got neither just effectively accused at looking for compensation... We cancelled our next cruise...
If you are thinking doing the Transatlantic cruise or a European cruise, think seriously about it on this ship as it stands now... Not withstanding the premium prices for a European cruise.
Apparently the Magic is going in for a re-fit at the end of the Summer in Europe. I hope it makes it.... Less
As of January 2013 Tatty, and tired. Mould around bathroom door, blister paintwork on the toilet door.
Noise of some kind of 'water' squishing/sloshing under toilet floor...
This room still featured the 'original' bedspreads removed from the Wonder some time ago. These were dowdy and miserable when new...
Noise from a compressor pump, I think associated with the lifeboat equipment below. this goes off every 20 minutes.. it will wake light sleepers...
An almost pointless 1/2 day stop at Key West - Having taken over a day to get there from Cape Canaveral - could have been a great overnight stop i port...
Majority of people spent more time waiting for the transport back to the ship (mored at the naval base) than actually doing anything...
Fabulous day out all parks and transport included with the price of the cruise..... Book your transfer off the cruise to the parks early !
Paid extra for the VIP fireworks area - well worth the money - don't forget the camera !
Also popped over for the 6pm showing of Cirque du Soleil - wonderful.
All in all a perfect day out